Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Finish-A-Long?

A few days ago when the Finish-A-Long logo started appearing in photo streams I thought. Nah not for me I only have one thing I'd like to finish this next quarter and that only needs trimming and binding so no need for me to play along.

2012 Finish-A-Long

Then I started thinking about it some more, and more importantly being honest with myself, and actually there are more WIP's around here than I care to admit to. You know what they say: "Denial is not just a river in Egypt!"

I really need to get some finishes under my belt before I contemplate starting new 'big' projects.  So I have prioritised the ones I'd really like to get finished this quarter and here they are:

1) String Greens Quilt.

String greens

I thought I had a more up to date pic of this, but unfortunately not and laziness prevents me from going up stairs to grab it and photograph it in this bad light. Anyway, it's quilted it just needs trimming and binding. There is no reason for me not to get on with this. I think I put if off because my mind went blank and I forgot how you square up a quilt to trim it. (Is that the most feeble excuse you've ever heard in your entire sewing life?!)  

2) Remember this hit and miss quilt top I made with the intention of giving it to a friend as a present?

Hit and Miss

Well I've done nothing more to it since I laid it out on the lawn to photograph it. I had second thoughts as to whether the friend I was going to give this to would really want a quilt. So I lost enthusiasm for finishing it. My niece has a birthday in March. I'm thinking maybe some perle quilting on that grey kona in co-ordinating colours and I'll have a birthday present sorted. She totally 'gets' my making so I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

3) Another quite old WIP that languishes unfinished is the scrappy value quilt I started. I shared this sneak peek months ago back in December 2010!! I got as far as sewing a few of the squares together so I could chop them up as HST's but that's it. There are many more that need cutting and even more that need sewing.


5.5" squares ready for a value quilt.

So I think that is more than enough to be going on with as it's not easy to get the where with all together to finish stuff after this long!!!  If you are still yet to pop over to Rhonda - Quilter in the Gap then I suggest you do, because it's easier to finish stuff when you're accountable isn't it?!

9 comments:

  1. thats exactly what I thought: if i see pics of what I have to do, I may just finish it! Hope you get yours finished too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having now admitted that you have some projects to finish .... which one are you going to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew you could be drawn in too!
    PS. Potentially lucky niece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely projects - which one is up first? Your niece is going to be thrilled with her quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with the others - your niece is quite fortunate. I can't wait to see your finished project but more importantly I can't wait to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bloody river will insist on flooding every now and again... Love that quilt top for your niece too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I should join.... I am actually making progress with my unfinished pile. Mine is much bigger than yours though... not sure I'm brave enough to lay it all out there! Can't wait to see your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hit and miss quilt - so much easier making for someone who will appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to see the values quilt! Your fabric choice looks fab. And the idea of quilting with perle on the one for neice sounds like a great idea too. And the other being almost finished I think you will ace this quarter of the finish-a-long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)