Sunday, 1 January 2012

Not a Sew Fresh Sewing Day Link Up

I am not linking up with Fresh Sewing Day this time due to the fact I only made one bag in the whole of December and that's all. If I made something else I've completely forgotten about it and therefore if it wasn't memorable to me, it can't be remotely interesting to you all. Although if you count finishes, then this scarf doubles my productivity for December. Last night after I'd blogged I had this nagging feeling there was something I'd forgotten to do. Something important. Like sew the two ends together to finish this infinity scarf for my sister in laws birthday. Who's birthday is today!  So there I was running around like a mad thing looking for an appropriate thread and a needle to get it sewn and wrapped up to put with her other presents.

Final stitch in 2011

When I eventually got to bed this morning at stupid O'clock I couldn't sleep for planning some of my next makes. Like more cushions, a cosy quilt that utilises my favourite scraps - I'm thinking wonky log cabin but do I go for single colour log cabin blocks or multicoloured? I've also got some pay it forward goodies to work on and get to post and another top secret bit of post to get sorted for Tuesday when I can get to the post office to mail it.

I'm excited about 2012. Well you have to be don't you?





10 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful scarf-- I'm sure your SIL will be thrilled. (I might have to add making one of those to my list!) I'm excited about 2012, too-- Happy New Year to you. Trying to get a post done today, but waiting for my turn on my husband's computer which has all the photos on it, so can't do it from here. If I don't get to it til tmrw, then so be it-- not gonna stress-- this blog thing is all about fun. I already have 3 pages of "projects to do" in my mini-quilt journal (3 1/2x5" but I write small)-- so many wonderful things to try! Looking forward to seeing what you create with all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, love the scarf, and I might just have to admit to leaping out of bed at 2:30 this morning to sketch out a couple of bags I was thinking up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf is totally wonderful, finished or not!

    I love to hear you all inspired again! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just bought some fabric to make an infinity scarf! How wide is yours?? some I've seen look too wide to me! and is it best with a twist or without??
    Best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarf looks fab, and yeah, I think 2012 is going to be exciting too :-) You have to, dont you?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2012 will be better than 2011 as even numbers are always better than odds!! Your SIL will love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh multi-colored blocks for sure and that scarf is so pretty, love those voiles! I need to do a pay-it-forward post on my blog, thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks gorgeous! I'm sure she'll love it...and yeay for many many ideas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scarf and I'm glad I'm not the only one who is kept awake with thoughts of quilts, etc. to make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! love this fabric it is so soft! I bet its absolutely yummy to wear. I am jealous of your SIL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)