Thursday, 1 March 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

I have not had the most productive of months. Regular readers will know a few of the reasons why and I won't bore you with the others. The only complete finish I have to show you is my pouch for the Mouthy Stitches swap. I haven't revealed it before now because I didn't want my partner to guess it was for them. And I was pretty sure they would guess it was for them. As I posted this off on Monday I am hoping my partner has received it by now. Still haven't heard yet and didn't see the 'received' next to her name in the sent/received thread. So I won't tell you who it's for...but I think it's probably ok to reveal both sides of the pouch. (And lets face it if I don't it will be a very short sew fresh sewing post!)

P1110676
Side one a camper style van going on a journey from the country to the 'Big Smoke' London maybe?



P1110678
If you go to London you might want your Union flag to wave. If you squint at this from a distance the fish actually look like distress marks in the red fabric giving it a bit a of a punk look? 

I've made this cushion cover front. I just need to get my act together and actually make a cushion out of it!

P1110720

I've also done the centre part of this block for Bee Blessed.

Bee Block centre bit WIP

So there you have my February sewing linked up with Lily's Quilts - Fresh Sewing Day

Lily's Quilts


15 comments:

  1. Hi Jan....this fantastic pouch was for me...lucky, lucky me...I am soooo happy with it. We are about to go on a big adventure in our van too. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love that pouch, and your other makes are great too. Hope this month looks up for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pouch! And I love how your cushion is shaping up! Keep going girl! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pouch, so original.Cushion is going to be super too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pear is RUTH..like it's everywhere.
    And don't forget PAKISTAN... RUTHIBELLE - PAKISTAN...it's a given..no?
    And with DODONGO?
    And if you throw in all the COMSTUL with COMIESSE , here comes MEESE!
    And then here comes COMIA- PIA!
    And then here comes JECTOD with POONSTO- ACE!
    And that's with HYCOCTO- PHYTO.
    And then turn around, here comes MENEIN- SESSECTE!
    And we all know what's in that ,don't we?
    PHERSHIPP- PHOKST- with PHOKER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your things are very cool. I love the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your things are very cool. I love the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cute pouch! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pouch is brilliant, especially the fish in the union flag! It looks really punky (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pouch! And your typewriter cushion is going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)