Saturday, 14 April 2012

Feeling Hope (Valley) Full

Hope Valley Colour Brick Quilt
Hope Valley Colour Brick Quilt

I first cut out the bricks and sashing (and a few besides) needed for a Colour Brick Quilt back in January and despite sewing a few rows of bricks together, I still had some rows to complete and all the sashing to add. The Precious QAL and the FAL  has really inspired me though and today I've completed the top. (In between being distracted by music, The Grand National and  WALL-E.) It is folded up neatly on the ironing board waiting for a trim. I'd originally thought I'd use more Hope Valley for the back, but I'm now thinking, having read the QAL instructions again, that the quilting might show up a lot better if the back is solid. So I may uses the extra bricks I have cut to make a vertical band and use some Klona (which I'd need to purchase) for the backing.

It feels so satisfying to have finished this and I can't wait to get the whole quilt finished. I am waiting on solid material before I can start the quilt I told you about yesterday. So I've spent this evening pouring over patterns on Moda Bakeshop and I've found a pattern for more precious fabric. But more on that another time. I think my sewing Mojo is back in the building folks and it's making me feel hopeful!

15 comments:

  1. Oh I was going to go to bed, and spotted the thumbnail - I love this quilt - it is going to look amazing!!

    Welcome back Mojo - we missed you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your mojo is on its way home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you need a co-ordinating cushion for it with the extra bricks? Looking forward to seeing this done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mojo is really back with that lovely quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great quilt top: those colours all look fabulous. Glad to hear you are back on a roll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt - you are building upo a head of steam now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! An end is in sight and you have your mojo back. Lock the doors and don't you let that mojo out again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Glad you've got your sewing mojo back. Bottle it up quick before it goes again!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great Jan! Glad to hear your mojo is returning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does looks so pretty, and hurrah for the return of the Mo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It`s so gorgeous Jan - welcome back to the land of sewing and quiltiness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really just love the projects you pick! And I just lost an hour looking through Moda Bake Shop... I think I found a pattern for my next quilt... well see if I can get it together and make it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fabulous!! I'm so glad your mojo is back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! It is nice to feel hopeful...
    I still have my stash of Hope Valley. Maybe I need to get to feeling hopeful too...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeay for stitchy mojo! Looks faberoony! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)