Monday, 23 April 2012

Winter Stitching - The Finale

Before I get on to telling you how well I did with Winter Stitching. (And I have no idea at the moment how well I did!) I just have to say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you that responded to my last post. I really appreciate everyone's kindness in sharing advice or stories about how difficult they find quilting big items. (If I didn't respond personally to your comment the chances are you're a 'no reply' blogger so I hadn't got details for you.)  The whole experience has really made me want to re-evaluate what I make and why. I am even more in awe of those of you out there making big quilts with even less resources than I have. It just seems that whilst many people can cope with basting king sized in a shoe box and stitching mahoosive quilts in fancy patterns on their regular sewing machine, set up on a coffee table, I don't think I have the requisite skill or talent to ever be able to do that and not completely mess it up! So if I want to make a big quilt I'm going to have to find ways round doing the steps I find such a struggle.

As an update to the colour brick quilt. I persevered with the quilting. Yes, it's wonky and the stitch length uneven, but I can and will live with that. Yes, I had further issues with quilt which I can't bring myself to go into. I have given myself a breather from it before making the the binding and sewing that on. 

But onto the winter stitching! It's come at a great time to be doing this round up, as I was just thinking yesterday how I want to draw a line under the more negative aspects of making of late and start of afresh. So if this is Winter Stitching Wrap up, I can start getting a Summer Stitching list ready soon too?

Way back here I blogged about everything I wanted to achieve and then here I did a midwinter catch up post. I'm sort of horrified to discover I had pretty much achieved everything I thought I would by the midwinter point and so there has been no progress on the stuff I still had on the list since then! So here's a nice mosaic showing you again everything on the list I got achieved (minus one bag I couldn't fit on!)

My creation

And here is a mosaic of all the stuff that's distracted me since the midwinter check in (including one bag I couldn't fit in the mosaic above!):

My creation

I think it's fair to say I must have spent a fair chunk of winter hibernating! If anyone had suggested I might actually knit two scarves when I started the list of I'd have thought they'd gone bonkers.

 I am already working on a list of summer stitching and I think I'm going to have much more fun with it!



FairyFace Designs

9 comments:

  1. Oh you did great, and made lots of lovely things, honestly - I can vouch for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of bag making. I am impressed! I think that it would take me ages to get my head round a pattern and all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! I love the bags, especially the echo one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all that you have made, especially the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look great, well done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you've made, especially all those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many gorgeous makes! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh oh Oh ! I see a finished Pippi! Squeeeee! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)