Friday, 11 May 2012

All The Fun of The Fair

When I read this post the other day, I checked out the flickr group and was instantly hooked. Who wouldn't want some Ferris Wheel fun? I printed off templates and started pulling fabric straight away.  I have always loved sneaking some texty fabric into the mix and was completely inspired by Nilya2011's ferris wheels. So am doing something similar myself. It seems that many people in the group are inspired to go down this route and it's fun seeing what everyone is coming up with.

Ferris Wheel Along


I am certainly enjoying pulling fabric and seeing which scrap will work well in each wheel.  It's become clear that my stash is still very short of yellow and purple fabrics. I'm resisting the urge to shop...not sure how long I'll be good though!

Patchwork

I am not sure I'd want to make a whole quilt of these Wheels. This may be because I'm focused on smaller fun projects right now.  I usually have a hand sewing project on the go each summer.  It's nice to have the motivation of being in a group.  I feel ready to join back in with swaps, if there were any going. But everyone in blogland seems a tad obsessed focused on the London Retreat (or Market or Sewing Summit) and there doesn't seem to be much going on that doesn't centre around this right now.

I can't believe it's actually sunny right now and the forecast is meant to be fine and sunny all weekend. So I may concentrate on outdoor projects and not sewing for the weekend. I hope you all have lovely weekends too and good weather to go with it!

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving these at the moment! It will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* this one is at the top of my "after London" list.... They look Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics J! Sun is shining here, but for one day only! Have a lovely w/e. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics J! Sun is shining here, but for one day only! Have a lovely w/e. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished my practice one and am now on my 2nd real one: they are very addictive arn't they!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look wonderful. I am thinking of starting up a epp project but can't make up my mind which one. You may swing me towards this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're also on my 'I want to make that' list but my hexies are taking hand stitching priority at the moment...maybe I should take a week off?!! I love all your fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Text and rainbow colours?? could it get any better?! Looking lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these look beautiful!
    Retreat prep is taking over my life - but come June 4th it'll be business as usual, promise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a bit of a drool over these too, might be something for later in the summer, or the road trip after sewing summit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the template! Of course but am resisting starting this one. Other stuff must come first! Love your texty version!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the link Jan, am planning a holiday EPP project but think I have just found a better one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're killing me. I cannot start another project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)