Thursday, 17 May 2012

Genius Jan wonders is it really Thursday already?

Sometimes I'm not sure where the time goes to. I have done very little in the way of sewing so far this week. I forgot I hadn't taken any pictures of the fabric goodness that's been coming through my door of late. So I took this snap the other day to show you.


Latest stash
Flea Market Fancy some linen and trimms for Zakka makes and a few other bits and bobs

At the time of taking this picture I was only waiting on one lot of fabric (some more Flea Market Fancy from Sew Fresh Fabrics.) In fact I hope it hasn't gone astray as another order from them placed the week after has turned up already. You can see at the front I was one of the lucky folk that snagged some Summersville goodness when Simply Solids had their recent charm squares sale. I have to say until I saw Summersville in the flesh I was a bit...well it's ok but what's all the fuss about.  Now I have some I see exactly what the fuss is about I just don't know what I want to do with it. Do I make a bag, some cushions or something else entirely? Decisions Decisions.

 Anyway, I decided I really needed to go on a fabric diet as I'm stash building faster than I'm using right now. Only Cindy went and opened a shop and well I had to go buy some stuff didn't I? I'm sure most of you have done the same because there can't be anyone left in the quilty world yet to know about this fabric shop of delights!

Chief got down on Sunday and we headed off into the Chilterns. (Yes he's got down two Sunday's running!) He took his best ever picture of a Red Kite which he's submitted for his photography course assignment or I'd show you.  We had a really horrible lunch at The George and Dragon at West Wycombe. Really his food was inedible. The establishment offered him a replacement, but given my food was over priced and not that nice he really didn't want to risk anything else.  I went in search of bluebells, but they were past their photographic best. The beech trees though were a gorgeous zingy green colour.

Aston Rowant Nature Reserve.
Beech Trees at Aston Rowant in Oxfordshire

Other stuff to distract me from meeting has been what Chief calls 'Niff Naff and Trivia' you know that general stuff you have to do that gets in the way of the fun?  Talking of which my ironing pile is looking like a clothes recreation of the leaning tower of Pizza so I need to go and iron. 

Oh and if you're wondering about the title of the post, Fiona has confirmed I am Genius Jan - but only for the week. Which quite frankly is a relief because I suspect being a genius for any longer than a few minutes might be a tad difficult for me.

Enjoy the rest of your week. 

8 comments:

  1. The walk through the woods looks gorgeous, as does all your new fabric! Enjoy your week of genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm pretty overload... I MISS TREES!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the greens in the 'tree' picture. Glad you and chief have managed to get some time together at last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics and super trees x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric haul. And I love that photo - the greens are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, 2 weeks with Chief, you're doing well!

    Loving the fabric haul too - well, you have to have something to play with when he's not there ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I feel like I have been living in a bubble! Thursday, but what month?? ha ha

    Your fabrics are gorgeous. Thanks for buying so I don't have to!

    Glad you had a good Sunday in spite of the food. Your photo is so pretty! Love that green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trees are beautiful! It doesnt look like that around here....not even a little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)