Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Sew Fresh Sewing Day!

April seemed to go by rather too quickly for my liking and round here lived up to the whole April Showers thing...unfortunately!

I did get a bit of making done so thought I'd link up  to Sew Fresh Sewing Day (for the first time in ages!)


My creation
What I've worked on in April

Starting at the top left: Hope Valley Colour Brick Quilt. It's at the stage where I need to pluck up the courage to get the binding on it. Of course my poorly shoulder is the big thing stopping me doing that right now. But hopefully it'll get all finished up soon!

Next are the 18" squares cut up of my precious fabric for the Precious QAL. All ready for one of those Mahoosive Stars. I haven't sewn it up because after the hassle of basting and quilting the Hope Valley quilt I couldn't face piecing a top that I might not be able to get finished into a lovely quilt. Although I now have a cunning plan...or help from a very kind person! So as soon as shoulder is ok I'll get cracking!

The next project is a super top secret one that you only get a sneaky peak of. Embroidery has been added and some quilting done. A big reveal hopefully next month!

Embroidery. Just fiddling about with some Perle.

My first ever Bee block for Bee Blessed.  

Last but not least the Go Anywhere Bag. I'm so back in my comfort zone with a bag making project.

As for next month?! I have big plans for May.


Lily's Quilts

16 comments:

  1. It's all lovely. I'm glad you've not given up quilting! Your secret block is very clever. Looking forward to what you do in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work done in April but now you have me very curious about what is going on in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite having fysical problems (shoulder) it's great to have plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks awesome! Love your Pippy block! The hope valley looks wonderful too. I hope your shoulder is better very soon and you have a great May :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's been a busy month! Big plans? Now come on, tell all :) Please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to what May has in store, love what you have done in april

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm watching this space for the big plans this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a great month! I especially like your hope valley and that little pieced person :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot! You sound a bit cheerier about the quilting thing! Love Pippy and the little sneak of embroidery. Tease!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh fun seeing all of your productiveness! I need to get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a satisfying month Jan.Hope the shoulder improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, what`s up in May I ask myself?? Great stuff there Jan. Hope the shoulder is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun makes, I have to make a bookshelf block for one of my bees this month. Hope the shoulder feels much better soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoping you will be able to go back into true production in May!

    Intrigued by secrets - will have to be patient I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)