Saturday, 5 May 2012

Zakka Zakk-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Zakka Style


Look which book arrived in the post this morning? The hardest decision was deciding what to make first.  I decided to start with the pin cushions. Then I realised I had no filling. I could have chopped up bits of wadding scraps, but I've decided to wait until next week when I can get some proper filling. I think I have the makings of my pay-it-forward goodies here.

A lot of the makes in the book look like they are pretty quick. What takes the time is deciding which scraps and trimmings to use.  But as I'm probably the last to the party with this book, I'm sure you all already know that.   I've already cut out and played with fabrics for other projects and may or may not have ordered a few more trimmings and linen to make those choices even more...harder easier.



14 comments:

  1. Your pincushions will be so beautiful! I love the fabrics and trims you used.

    I got this book a few days ago too, and I'm not able to decide what to make first. I think I'll just start at the beginning and work my way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard - glad I am not the only one with Spice Girls lateral thinking! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not last, my friend, I think that would be me! It's in my Amazon basket but that's as far as I have gotten. I can't afford to be distracted from my Siblings Together quilts. Yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, everyone will be suckered in in the end ;o) I have to admit, my trimmings are woefully low, but I've held out on buying more... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I can go trimming shopping in London in four weeks because I don't think the word trimmings features in my stash - yet. You officially got the book after me and are now way ahead of me on makes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this book with no linen or trimmings I` won`t be making much anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have it but have not made anything fro it yet!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pinnies are going to look fabulous when they're stuffed! Great job! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't have the book: I have way too many other things to finish: I just enjoy looking at the lovely things everyone is making. love what you have picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sew a long is great fun, you'll love it. Don't think I have ever picked up and leafed thro the same book, so often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pincushions are going to be fabulous! Don't worry, you're not last to the party and neither is Lynz, I'm not sure I've even got this on my wish list never mind in my basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope not the last at all. Love your pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty! I don't need another book... I don't... agh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)