Friday, 15 June 2012

Not Slacking!

I've read that a couple of people have lost their mojo since the retreat. It's almost like all that great stuff has overwhelmed them. I get this a lot. Sometimes I just want to make so many things, making anything seems impossible.  I didn't go to the retreat, but I found chatting with Katy about it and reading all the blog posts has totally kick started my mojo and I feel rejuvenated to sew.

So the last couple of days I've been back piecing the background to the Ferris Wheel I started. Doing the background is pretty tedious. Mainly because, as much as I love texty fabric, it's not as fun pulling that for the ferris wheel, as it was pulling the gorgeous coloured fabrics. Even though it's slow going I'm determined not to let it languish in the unfinished pile.

  Hand stitching
I'm adding texty fabrics to 'square' off the hexagon to make a cushion top!

I've also joined my second swap in a week as Brit Quilt round 3 has started. I could have made a mosaic twice this size!

For Brit Quilt Swap Round 3
My inspiration mosaic for Brit Quilt 3 - 
Click on the picture to go to Flickr and see the artist credits

I have another project I'm itching to get finished over the weekend. I can't share that one with you just yet as it's a present for someone.  After that I'm not sure what I'll be making. I want to work my way through a few more unfinished projects, although I can't rule out starting a few new ones!  Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Well, now I know who stole my mojo! The epp looks fabulous. I haven't decided on the swap yet though. I tend to get stressed if I have too much on and with a third bee starting in August plus the purse swap I might have to be sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovelovelove the texty prints. The whole things gonna look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your EPP - I have spent this evening tidying all my Retreat mess, trying to get everything in some order as my Mojo has been getting lost under all the piles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I think my mojo went somewhere too! Love your texty prints, and your inspiration mosaic is....inspiring! Not going to play this time though, got too much on, will watch from the sidelines :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your sewing mojo is back with a vengeance :) Yay for joining in the Brit Quilt Swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for lots of stitching and swaps. I think you half-inched some of my mojo when we met up though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mosiac. I had a lot of fun choosing mine too. Your EPP is really coming along and I love the colours and the text prints

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your EPP looks wonderful...as does your mosaic - have fun in the swap, I'm on cheerleader duty ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)