Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Paying It Forward: I bet you thought I'd forgotten?!

I am not going to trawl back through my posts to find out exactly when it was I received the lovely mini cushion from Reene and so kicked off my own part in Pay-It-Forward. Suffice to say it's an embarrassingly long time ago. I procrastinated over what to make. I hinted on more than one occasion that I was about to start making and then doubts set in and I decided to leave it a while long for a flash of inspiration. But today I've made my PIF items. I started these Zakka style pinnies last month. They've languished unfinished for want of some stuffing. I could have used left over wadding scraps. But I wanted to use proper toy stuffing to given them a nice even stuffing.  I had a feeling I could get stuffing in a furniture shop in a nearby market town that also has a bit of a home sewing department.  Anyway, it's taken me a month to get to the store to buy the filling. Seeing the sunshine this afternoon I popped off to the shop straight from work and purchased the stuffing and finished off the pincushions.


Pinnies
Yes, I know I only need three pin cushions I have a spare ;-)

While I was in the shop I spotted some nice 'British' ribbon and thought I'd buy some. When I got home I decided it was about time I had a go at a fob or three to make the most of the fob hardware I ordered last year. So I've also whipped up these fobs. 

Some Very British Fobs.
My first ever attempt at this type of fob.

I think I need to find some bigger pliers as trying to close up this fob hardware with the pliers I normally use for jewellery making made hard work of it. 

So if you're one of the three people that signed up for Pay It Forward from me these will be going in the post shortly. I hope you'll think it's been worth the wait. Because you really have had to wait so long!




13 comments:

  1. Your pincushions are beautiful and I am CRAZY about the ribbon you used on your fobs!!! .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' those pin cushions!!! And they are my favourite style of fob, too - inspired ribbon choice! Worth waiting for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous, well done! The fobs are the best, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great PIF gifts! The fobs are very British!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gifts. I'm sure your recipients will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice parcels! If you'd just said about the stuffing, I could have sent you loads, I have a whole bale of it in the hall! (well, minus a few bear's worth of stuffing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You see this is the problem with not reading blogs for a while, you miss out on cool stuff! I love your PIF goodies and so will their new owners I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pinnies! I use a hammer to close my key fobs, you just need to protect the fob (and the table/floor) from damage by resting the fob on a block of wood, and also covering the top of it (I used a thick wad of cardboard, but you could use wadding, or more wood, and then just hammer it shut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great makes - you need something small to go in your purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my package & YES!!! it was definitely worth the wait! Thank you thank you thank you! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I'd forgotten that I had signed up for your cute PIF!! Thank you Jan, for the cutest little pin cushion and fob which arrived in today's post! Now to write a post and Pay It Forward! Thank you again, I will cherish these always! S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)