Sunday, 8 July 2012

Hope Valley Colour Brick Quilt

Hope Valley Colour Brick Quilt
This quilt is best viewed from a distance.

When it appeared like we would get a largely dry day I figured I was safe to wash and line dry my Colour Brick Quilt. I was going to take pictures after this stage. Until I remembered the quilt had a very light backing.  So light, every mark from the dirty rain washed surfaces, is liable to be attracted to it. It made more sense to wash it after its photo shoot.   Laying it flat outside I see as well as the wonky quilting, I've managed to trim down the quilt on the wonk too.  I'm not completely off of the idea of making large quilts, but I've decided if I do I will not be finishing them. And I am not sure I'll be attempting anything bigger than a mini quilt until my machine has had that service!

For this reason all the pics that follow are not close ups.  You don't need to examine the errors of my quilting ways. And if you're reading this from the Quilt Police - well I'm probably guilty as charged! But I figure if this quilt is far far less than perfect I will be more inclined to use and love it, rather than keep it folded, to be brought out on special occasions.

IMG_4725
Not sure why the colours are bleached in this. It's more vibrant in person.

IMG_4727p
Opps the breeze caught this. But the colours are a bit more true. 

No sewing for me today - well not so far.  I sat in the garden for a good chunk of the day reading the book for my book group choice. It's a very new group and our first meeting is on Tuesday.  I have a busy start to the week. But hopefully I'll be back with more sewing soon.

19 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great and you love it wonk and all that's the main thing. I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see nothing wrong with this great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. I like the simple design. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously beautiful colours. It would be a crime not to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful and wonderful to snuggle under!
    You had sunshine for more than 3 minutes without ANOTHER showers - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt...love the colours.
    What book are you reading for your book club?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful from here! The colours are gorgeous! Hope you get lots of time to enjoy snuggling with it. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt and such nice colours. To show that it is handmade and not mass production it is good to see some little imperfections. Some people do that on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this looks like a lovely quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks good to me...what better to snuggle under than a quilt made with love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful quilt! Hope Valley is one my favorite fabric lines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great, and there's no wonk, it's a design feature ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any wonkiness that I detect is surely the result of crooked paving stones! Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Quilt Police are in our own heads!!!! Your quilt looks beautiful -- but I bet you will have a lot more fun with your machine after it's been serviced. I just gave my Featherweight a super cleaning and oiling and she's a new girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks gorgeous and stuff the quilt police it looks good and you will love it so that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks fabulous! You should be really pleased with it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt looks stunning from here and I bet it does from close to as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well from the photos I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)