Saturday, 21 July 2012

Just One Day

My mum left first thing this morning for a coach trip with some of her friends to Scotland.  If I wasn't envious enough of her getting not only an 8 day holiday while I'll be at work, she left the itinerary details behind to make me even more jealous! Highlights of which include a trips to the Isle of Skye, Armadale, Glencoe, Rannoch Moor, Loch Ness, Ben Nevis Distillery...

So after I'd waved her off I went to bed with a book for a bit. Until I heard the post lady delivering a parcel - the order I placed with U-Handbag on Thursday night arrived before 8am this morning!! I've had nothing but fantastic service from U-Handbag. Whilst it was tempting to play with the goodies inside I decided to take myself off to Oxford to stock up on some foodie treats in Marks and Spencer's. It had said on the news the summer sales had been brought forward and there were loads of great sales on. I think they'd missed Oxford - or I'd missed them. That said I did buy myself a dress with loads off the price. It's a grown up sort of dress and I'll need the right sort of grown up occasion for it. But given I've grown out of quite a few of my dresses it was required.

When I got home I pulled fabrics for my Brit Quilt Swap Round 3 Quilt.
Brit Quilts Swap 3

 I think my partner may well be quite keen on DS fabrics. I know I am.

DS Fabrics
This is mainly Flea Market Fancy and some of the lines for the Joann's ranges
 I've kindly had sent to me in swaps etc.

Octagons anyone?
I always do hexies so this time I went for octagons - 8 of them!


Would you like them on some linen?
I'm auditioning fabrics for the backing.

So that's my day so far.  I'm not sure whether to go with the linen as a back ground or something else. Something I may have to purchase? Still I have plenty of time to procrastinate a while longer. Maybe I'll make a framed pouch while I'm doing that procrastinating. Well, I do have new frames to play with.


11 comments:

  1. I love your Octagons - great design xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the design so far. Bloody English people though, you let them go on holiday and they go and steal the 'e' from your islands... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely little octies! love the little star shape they make in the centre of the linen there. Hope your mum has a fab time up here in sunny Scotland lol.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a quite nice day all in, and the pile of fabric made me smile - great octagons (I just bought some more from Jo-Bearpaw!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the hexie octagons! Something you can sew outside while you guard your precious garden from fencing contractors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice octagons in scrummy fabric. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those octagons look fantastic, love your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure does sound like a nice day. Am drooling a little over that enviable DS bundle.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goregeous fabrics and I love those Octogons - it's going to be a great mini-quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope the sun shines for your mum.......
    Liking the octagons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)