Thursday, 2 August 2012

A day with more good than bad!

For the second day running I got up with the intention of going into work.  I had a doctors appointment at 9.10 and then thought I'd park up closer to work (working less hours would mean I could park in the car park close to work and not the other end of the village and trek in.) start getting caught up on work stuff, see if my new large monitor had arrived and been installed (instead of nicked by a colleague that isn't getting a large monitor.) and well basically just ease back into normality.  My GP had other idea's and sent me home for the rest of the week. I completely appreciate there are great reasons for making sure nasty infections are gone completely, rather than struggling on renewing or prolonging them. But when you work for an organisation that doesn't pay sick pay there are financial considerations in staying off for too long.  I trust this GP's judgement.  He is the one I've been seeing about 'the turns'.  If I get any new symptoms I have to go straight back to the doctors. If I'm not better by Monday I have to go back.  If I didn't have an upset stomach he'd prescribe antibiotics as a precaution. As it is he thinks they could just end up making me feel worse. So now I just have to rest and take care of myself and will this infection gone. Especially with the holiday season looming!

I ran into my boss on the way to the chemist (not literally as I was in the car at the time!) and then it was back home feeling deflated until I saw the post man had been.  One small package which looked suspiciously like it might be my purse from my partner in the In the Frame Purse Swap.  I ripped off the out layer and inside was this:

IMG_5068 
 I have no idea how I managed to put this down, go get my camera and put a memory card in it
 and take a snap before I unwrapped!

And this is what was inside.  Try not to be too jealous!

IMG_5069

All the way from Northern Ireland and Karen who blogs at Listen to the Birds Sing.  (yay I have a new blog to follow now too!) First off there is the gorgeous pouch made with several Liberty fabrics. Of course you know how I hate Liberty fabrics so much. Not!!! And they are even prettier than the photos show. I remember this purse in the swap because I got very distracted by the pretty dangly bits.  This is a sew in frame. I've not tried sew in frames before.  I hadn't realised they are solid on the inside part of the frame. This must make getting the needle in and out of the holes challenging! Must try this - and as luck would have it Karen must have thought I'd want to try it because she included a cute little frame.  There was also two lovely Liberty Buttons in the same fabrics.  I've always fancied covering some buttons myself. I wonder how easy it is?  It could become a new addiction as I replace all my boring buttons with fun fabric covered ones!

IMG_5072
Isn't the bottom fab?!

So thank you so much Karen for such a fab pouch and goodies. Completely made my day!

My Mum saw the pouch and asked me what I was going to use it for.  I said, keeping treasures in it. Then popped the Liberty Buttons inside, with a smile.

19 comments:

  1. Your bag is so beautiful! And I hope you are in tip top health very soon! So frustrating not to feel well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful purse Jan, and perfectly timed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word what a beautiful purse!! love the dangly bits too hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's beautiful! And it sounds like it couldn't have timed its arrival any better. I'm glad you're listening to your GP, I hope lots of rest helps you recover - take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, you got Karens purse! I love that one. Am really hoping that mine will appear tomorrow!
    Rubbish that you are still not feeling well, and very hard when you are not paid sick pay. I work for the civil service where sick pay is beyond generous and totally abused (in my opinion!!) It seems so unfair when others, like yourself, suffer financially

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you need to listen to the GP but I know how difficult it is when your sick leave is unpaid/very limited. Do take care of yourself though.

    PS Covering buttons is dead easy. If you want to know more I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the postmans timing was perfect.

    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pouch from Karen. Sit back and relax for the rest of the week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you got a goodun' there from K! She has great taste! sorry you are still poorly. I hope the rest (& extra time to sew) will have you back to normal. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to know that you still feel rough. The framed purse from Karen is a beauty. Like your treasure too. Enjoy using it. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love Liberty materials and this purse is gorgeous. Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, how lovely. I can see how that make you feel a little better. Sending you healthy vibes x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry you're ill and really hope the rest does you good and you feel 100% very soon! The purse is gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear that you've not been well - please do listen to the GP, I made myself much worse last year by not doing what I was told!
    The purse is just beautiful, and how lovely to receive it just when it was needed too. Covering buttons is super easy, they even sell the packs in Dunelm - they're usually with the zips in the haberdashery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Think if you had gone to work you would have missed your parcel! I love it and I too want to try a sew in! Hmmm does that mean another trip to U-Handbag???

    Get well soonest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bugger on the medical prognosis, but I'm a bit worried about your obsession with dangly bits, is it because Chief is away home again now? ;o)

    Love your purse loot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh jan hope u feel better soon! Def listen to ur GP!!! Ur purse is gorgeous and treasures sounds perfect to keep in it! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh that is too cute.
    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh - I think there is some new Liberty Love going on in bogland. Karen has a great blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)