Wednesday, 1 August 2012

July Productivity!

I am not sure why, but judging by this year and last, I am far more productive in the summer months than the winter.  I have done quite a bit of stitching this month including getting a whole quilt finished! A quilt that I slept under when we had that really hot spell the other week. Even though it doesn't cover my whole bed it did cover me, when a duvet was just too hot.


My creation
I also made a sewing stuff pouch as per Judith's pattern and also a Liberty Hexie pinnie and matching framed purse for my partner in the Framed Purse Swap.  It was a great swap and Nicky has completely addicted me to making framed purses. I expect a few of these will be given as Christmas gifts filled with goodies. I haven't received the purse my partner has made me and I'm waiting impatiently and virtually pouncing on the postman each time he comes. waiting patiently for it to arrive. 

But where I really was a busy bee was with the individual blocks I made this month. Mostly low volume ones for myself or Fiona, but also some Bee Blessed ones too.  


My creation

I also made a start on my Brit Quilt Swap Quilt.

Progress so far

As I've been feeling so unwell at the end of July I suspect I'll be starting off August quietly. I certainly am fed up of feeling ill already!   I have got some stuff that I really must finish in August: Top of the list are the quilt above for Brit Quilt Swap and the House Blocks for Reene in the first month of hipBee's.  I also have another Bee blessed block to make and a cushion cover I started months ago as a present, but then had major doubts over so haven't progressed it.  

As I've got machine issues I won't be doing any machine quilting until I have a new machine. September is looking favourite at the earliest.   So I'm thinking lots more framed purses, Low volume blocks and small stuff.  

I'm linking this up with Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts.

Lily's Quilts

18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed browseing around your blog and seeing your quilts and blocks. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small stuff is good! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that sewing pouch. I think you've inspired me to buy that pattern and move it into to the "must make immediately" category :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the secret star in the middle of your mini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very productive month! I made a start on Renees block last night:great for doing whilst watching the olympics

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh lots of lovely little makes there! your hexies are always so cute to look at and love your sewing pouch! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a pretty great month of makes, hope you feel much better for August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling batter soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your low volume blocks and those octagons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely makes and small makes are always rewarding. I hope that you feel better soon. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous little makes - love all of them! Hope you'll get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utterly beautiful month!
    I really hope you're feeling better very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like you were very productive. I especially like the sewing pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous makes for July - I hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great. I really like your bee blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)