Sunday, 26 August 2012

Normal Service is Not Yet Resumed...

...Does it feel like I've been away for ages? It does to me. I have been on the annual family trip to Bournemouth.  It feels like I've been away for months.  I got back on Friday and it still feels like I'm in holiday mode. I have absolutely no inclination to sew.  I'm constantly having to ask people around me what day of the week it is and I'm thinking going back to work on Tuesday might come as a bit of a shock to my in-holiday-mode system!

I am still sorting through the photos, so I'll have to bore blog about those another time.  We were very lucky with the weather. It started to rain on Friday when we were coming home. The rest of the time we had really sunny weather. I have a bit of a tan going on.  (It's ok I won't force you to see pictures of my white bits. That really would be cruel and unusual punishment for you all!)

Photo0432 
The clouds always look dramatic over Stonor it was actually really warm and lovely.

Today I've been to the Chilterns Craft Fair at Stonor, just outside Henley in Oxfordshire, with my Mum.  I told you about my trip to Stonor last year here. I did rather a lot of shopping. There was of course new jewellery for me from Circle and Dash, including some earrings bought for me by my Mum (and just as well because the necklace I bought must have been the most expensive one for sale and I said I'd take it before asking the price.)  I swear they pump something into the marquee's to make me temporarily lose my senses at times - especially as I also bought...er more craft show knitwear. Which I'm typing really small so that most of you may not be able to read it. I have to confess I've never worn the craft show knitwear I bought last year. I'm still contemplating whether I should be sending it to Lynz who requested it, rather than leaving it unloved in my wardrobe. So I must be mental buying more.  


Photo0431
There is so much to see and buy!

I used my camo messenger bag I made a few years back and got lots of comments from people who liked it.  If I ever start making something to sell I suspect this is the item I should be going for.  I also bought some earrings with a camo design. I told Chief and he said they'd be useful if I ever need to blend in somewhere - oh wait you'd not really blend in anywhere earrings or not!  There was some Christmas shopping done and a special present for a soon to be 70 year old.

Chief is hoping to get down at some point tomorrow when he finishes work.  I'm not sure when I'll be back to sewing, but I'll let you know when normal service is resumed.  I hope you're all having a great bank holiday weekend!




10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely time away: hopefully it won't be too much of a shock when you go back on Tuesday. I go back a week on Monday, and after 5 weeks off that will be shock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that the weather was good for you. The craft fair looks like a nice one to visit. Di x
    PS yes you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You milk that holiday mode as much as you can ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you had a good holiday. The craft fair looks good. Years since I have been to a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday and are not ready to get back to work yet. The fair looks nice. The jewelry looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! Glad to hear that you had a good holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in post-holiday denial too - looking forward to seeing the knitwear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have had a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all sounds lovely. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm busy chuckling because as soon as I saw the craft fair I wondered if you'd bought more knit wear ;o) Photos please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)