Friday, 14 September 2012

Bee a Brit Stingy

I was going to save blogging about this until tomorrow as I've already blogged once today. But I got impatient. And it is half past nine and it feels like it could be tomorrow already.  So here goes...


Bee a Brit stingy

Which is a brand new Bee that starts in January and I've been lucky enough to be invited to join. Hey, that's two bee's in one year I've been invited to. Get me being little Miss Popularity. Actually I think in the case of this bee they just heard that last time I opened my wallet a rare moth fell out. I say fell rather than flew because it had been in there so long, without seeing the light of day, it died. 

The concept behind the Bee was dreamt up by Sheila and Nicky, who are running this Bee with the help of Helen and Archie. (I'm not sure Archie is doing much other than being in charge of biscuits - or making sure we eat enough biscuits while sewing. Whatever, Archie is doing it will involve biscuits, I'm sure.)   This Bee is about using our stashes to make for the other members rather than going out and spending loads of money on fat quarter bundles and hoping they don't get lost in the post when we post out to each Bee Member.  I'm actually all for a bit of frugality. Because whilst I was only joking about the whole dead moth thing, I do love to save a penny or a pound where I can.  I think it will be really fun to rummage in my stash in order to make the chosen block each month.  Can't wait until January now - my birthday and the Bee starting.

I think we're all chomping at the bit to get started so we are having a get to know you inter bee swap and will be making pin cushions for the person after us on the month list.  Now what to make...

Have a great weekend!

Ps. Note how a few months ago I was: Nooooo I can't join a Bee and now I'm in two...Yeah I know some of you Told me so!






14 comments:

  1. Haha never say never! This bee malarkey is addictive! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very brilliant Bee.
    Congratulations on being invited.
    Looking forward to seeing what you all make. Its going to be fantastic
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! That's fab! You'll love sewing alongside those wonderful ladies. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, have fun with it! One of my bees was from your stash, and it's far less stressful to screw your own stash up rather than other people's ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahay!!!! I'm excited to get started :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a terrific bee..... You see they are addictive, some weeks bee blocks seem to the only thing I end up sewing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well these are times of austerity! Enjoy your bee - I like the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right - Archie has appointed himself biscuit monitor and will be checking that you all consume at least three biscuits per block...but no bourbons, he doesn't think they're proper biscuits - they're more like pretend biscuits made with the sweepings from the floor of the cocoa room!
    Have a fabulous time in the bee - I can't wait to see what you all make!
    P.S. I hadn't thought about it but Katy's right - cutting into your own stash will be far less stressful than cutting into someone's precious fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. exciting!! This is my first ever Bee!! Be kind to me ladies, I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha Karen thinks we know what we are doing?? Do watch out or you will be in five bees before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like fun! I've never been involved in a bee myself, definately looking into it soon though :)
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)