Friday, 28 September 2012

Gearing up for a Weekend of Sewing!

Chief came down about an hour after I finished work. It gave me a precious hour to do stuff that really needed to be done before he arrived. We had a few hours together before he had to leave.  It was lovely to see him and it would have been great if he was able to stay for the weekend, but alas he can't, so I'm now gearing up for a weekend of sewing. (Well maybe a few chores too) But mainly sewing. Despite the sewing machine arriving on Wednesday I really haven't had the time to do much on it. I have several sewing commitments I need to get done over the next 6 weeks and a tonne of other things I want to make, just because. So a weekend of sewing should really help me put a dent in the to-do list.

I'd wanted to start tonight, but I feel too tired to be wielding a rotary cutter.  Instead I pulled some fabric for my partner in Mouthy Stitches.  I just got my hands on some black Essex spaced dyed Linen (Well it fell into my basket as I ordered fabric for the Addicted to Text Charm Swap.)  and I'd like to use that as the main outer with some EPP in rainbow colours to cheer it up.

The fabrics on the right are the ones I'm auditioning for the lining.  I had one other I really wanted to use until I realised I only had a fat quarter of it, so not enough.  I was trying to get a balance between a fun lining that my partner wouldn't mind turning inside out, should she want to to use the reverse of the bag and something that wasn't too light that it would show every mark whether used as the inside or the outside.  


Fabric Auditioning!

I know my favourite option but thought as I was pulling out fabric I'd see what everyone else thinks and hopefully my partner will comment.

What are your plans for the weekend and will you be sewing?


5 comments:

  1. I am hoping to get a few hours in on Sunday - I 'broke the back' on a mental block I have been avoiding today, and need to get it done and gone!

    Nice pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange one is calling me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Och to hell with the chores, just sew ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chores? I don't think I know what they are ;o) Have fun sewing - I hope your partner has commented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sewing for me this weekend. My oldest boy is visiting from college. It is so nice to have him home I want to soak up every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)