Tuesday, 25 September 2012

I've only gone and done it!

Sunflower

Done what you maybe wondering?

Bought a sewing machine, that's what! I realised I had been procrastinating because part of me was worrying about what happens if I get my new machine and I don't like it. Realistically test driving machines was just not going to be an option for me. I know that shocks a few people. But I know plenty of folk in the same position that have been delighted with their online purchases.  Still part of me has been thinking: What if I can't figure out how it works, What if it doesn't sew nicely, what if it breaks and I can't get it fixed...What if I just don't like it. I hadn't even realised this was what had been stopping me about making the purchase until yesterday.  I said this to Chief and he said, 'But what happens if you get it and you love it?'.  And put like that I had to just take the plunge and order.  

I went with the Janome Memory Craft 5900QC which is currently reduced at the majority of online stores. I'm told it'll be arriving tomorrow! Epp - exciting. But now I have a million coats and stuff to move so they can get the boxes in the dining/sewing/dumping area.


22 comments:

  1. wooo hoooo!!! well done for taking the plunge!! I didn't test drive my online purchase and was delighted with it although nothing as fancy as what you are going to get!!! have fun tomorrow!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice!! Janomes are pretty user friendly, plus you have plenty of friends who are Janome users...so you'll be fine ;) Have fun this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's the same machine that my friend bought two of for her P&Q teaching studio and they're marvellous - have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that one, brilliant machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I didn't try out my sewing machine - when I bought it I was too ignorant to know what to look for - I just followed the recommendation of a friend. I think you get used to a machine pretty quickly anyway.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Sometimes you can waste so much time procrastinating over something when you could be stitching!! I was gifted a Singer and as it's the only machine I've ever used I couldn't tell you if it's good or bad, but it does the job! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new arrival. Hope it brings you lots of joy.....and straight seams, perfect FME and easy zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I am sure it will be brilliant Jan - there'll be no stopping you now!

    Enjoy getting to know the new friend in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! I am sure it will be brilliant Jan - there'll be no stopping you now!

    Enjoy getting to know the new friend in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! Stop worrying and when it arrives get stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It will be wonderful and you'll love it! (I also believe in the power of positive thinking!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! Congrats, you'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic. You will love it. I researched and bought my machine on line and I can honestly say that it was a good buy. Yours will be too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah! so happy for you. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, how exciting! Think of all the fmq you can do now!! Keep us informed of how you find it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! I hope you love your new machine, and she gives you good mileage! Lots of folk love their Janomes so I am sure you have made a great buy!

    PS
    How did you do your hip bee list down the side?- that looks really sensible!and I would love to copy!
    please?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo hoo!!! I love my Janome and reckon you and your new love will get on just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how you held off for so long! I decided I needed a new machine and bought a £600 one on the Internet I'd never seen in real life all in the same day!

    And if there's anything you don't know how to do, the manuals and forums are always brilliant, I wasn't great on my new machine at first but I love it now (it's a Pfaff Expression 2 in case you were wondering) and it only took a couple of days to figure it all out.

    You can't go wrong with a Janome though, their after sales are good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)