Wednesday, 5 September 2012

White Stuff

White Stuff
Pale Purchases.

There is just so much gorgeous fabric out at the moment. I could write a blooming great list of all the stuff I've been drooling over the last month.  But as I need a sewing machine more than I need more fabric the only fabric I've bought this month has been essentials. Stuff I need, not stuff I want. (Ignoring the fabric I bought for the Japanese Charm Swap.) The only fabric I've purchased is that pictured in the above photograph. 

The top is some calico from Ebay. I've decided to use this as the basis of pages in my first fabric book.  It's just a bit stiffer than say Kona/Klona type fabrics and as each page will be embellished within an inch of its life thread, then nobody will see its plain colour.

Next I have a metre of white Klona - freshly arrived today from Backstitch. I have only scraps of white fabric and white is the usual sashing colour for Bee Blessed blocks. In fact now I have some I'm not ruling out more of those crazy scrappy blocks ;-)

Last is three metres of Klona Cream. Also from Backstitch. I tried to work out the maths of sending all the hipbee's a decent chunk of this fabric for blocks and because I was working in inches and some of the measurements were in cm I gave up and erred on the side of caution and bought 3 metres. Don't panic hipBee's I know this looks like a lot of fabric but I really didn't know how much I'd need and didn't realise that 3 metres would looks like this much! 

Right I'm off to package up my Japanese charms so they're ready when I can get out to the post office. If I have lots of days like today I may be posting them October! eeek!

  

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a good stash of basics. I am looking forward to receiving my portion of 3m! Are we making a giant quilt? LOL. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love Alice's Klona it is lovely isn't it?? the colours are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a moment I thought you were taking up dyeing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I always like a peek at your purchases! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to seeing the progress of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like working with the klona white and mostly use it for Bee Blessed blocks too. I ordered the cream recently and loved the colour of it - I will definitely be ordering more too. I also love that klona comes 54" wide and is therefore great for backing most of my quilts without having to piece them (basically I'm lazy).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the Klona comes in extra wide widths too! Looks like you have loads there! jXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh, it's hard to hold back at times! (psst, klona is cheaper at Remnant House)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love having lots of basics! I need to try some of the Klona...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)