Monday, 22 October 2012

Maybe

Maybe it was because I'm back from the dentist after having a filling and I also got the all clear on the dental surgery I had a couple of years ago. (There was a hairy moment when the dentist thought the cyst was back and had started eating into my tooth - until we looked at the X-Rays together and I reminded her I'd had surgery and er...didn't that remove the base of my tooth along with the cyst and the damaged surrounding area?) But she'd forgotten about the surgery and actually the bone is looking very healthy with no sign of infection. Phew!

Or maybe it's because I got Mum's quilt finished while she was away, and I got my my blog hop post done in time for yesterday; as well as finishing my book club book in time.

Of course it might be because I've actually done 11 of the 17 items I put on this list last month.

It might have been because the weather was miserable and grey today so I needed some colour to cheer things up.


Mist and Murk

Then again maybe it was just because...

But I fell off the Not-Buying-Fabric waggon for the second time in about a week.  I can't wait until the goodies arrive and I can start showing you them. After that you see me buying fabric and it's still this year you have to shout at me REALLY loudly!

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you got! Good news but there you go again with the D word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen off twice this week too - actually 3 times! I'm feeling bad. Glad the tooth news is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are forgiven (says she, about to blog some illicit shopping of her own!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little fabric love does the trick every time! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric shopping? Naughty but nice! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Life is just a continuous falling off and getting back on wagons! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee. We're visiting some quilt shops tomorrow *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the dental all-clear!

    I know how you feel. I've been on the No-Buy wagon too, and fell off yesterday. Spent waaay too much, but it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad about the dentist, but naughty you on the shopping! I've been very, very good with my fabric diet, it remains unbroken - mind you, having absolutely no money helps!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I was on a no spend til after Xmas thing too since Festival of Quilts, however I've fallen off 3 times so far, about 3 weeks ago was a BIG one as well, I was ashamed! The other times it's just been bits and bobs on sale at Pink Castle and I've not felt bad about those. I'm going to the dreaded fabric place on Sunday too to buy a blog prize and a rotary cutter blade (and maybe a sharpener too), I'm hoping I don't go to mental this time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hasn't it been dull, grey and foggy. Its definitely ok to buy cheerful fabric when the weather is this grey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe....but I'd be buying too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)