Of course taking a picture wasn't easy as I couldn't stand far enough back to get the camera to focus properly. Basically I was too lazy to change the battery in my point and shoot and use that or put another lens on my camera. Yeah, there has been a lot of taking the easy option around here today. To be fair the picture makes it look more rubbish than it actually is.
I was even too lazy to clear the table of junk.
The binding also is still to be sewn down
I was in an quandary when it came to the batting in this. In hindsight I should have used some cotton batting, the same as I use in quilts. But I'm thinking I may need all my left overs for the weekender bag I want to make and I didn't want to cut into a pre-pack quilt sized batting. Then I remembered I had some polyester batting I'd bought online many years ago before I knew any better. It's incredibly light and fluffy and probably too light for this project. I deliberately didn't want it to be too stiff though because I'd like to be able to rest this over the machine when I'm using the table attachment - for that reason I thought I'd add a little 'ease' into the cover and keep the batting light. I also wasn't going to line it because I didn't think I had anything suitable. But the batting was far too light and fluffy. I had a rummage in the bottom drawer of my stash drawers and found a bit of left over sheeting from when I made myself a duvet cover.
You can't really see in the picture, but I tried out some of the fancy stitches and opted for the a cross stitch design. Burgundy thread wasn't ideal; the pink I thought I had, turned out to have already been used. I think I seriously need to go thread shopping!
I just need to hand sew the binding around the bottom and it's done. I still intend making a co-ordinating mat out of the left over charms, linen and the free FQ.
As I've heard today one of my secret projects has been received and is liked, I can hopefully blog about it tomorrow!