Monday, 5 November 2012

Remember, Remember...

...The fifth of November as the old Rhyme goes. I've been hearing fire works the last few days, but have no plans to try and make any of the displays on locally. I know what a misery! This time of year I'm firmly in hibernation mode.  I did however come across this bit of embroidery I did a few years back. It was folded up in a folder with lots of experimental pieces I did when I'd signed up for a textiles course that I never finished. I decided to get them out and stick them in the sketch book I started at the same time. I may even add new work to it. Then again I may not!


Fireworks

Chief managed to get down for a few hours yesterday and we all went out for lunch. He bought me one of these:

Appealing Poppy

It was a complete surprise. Apparently after he bought it I announced I'd bought one online. Mine arrived the day before he came down! So when he walked in and saw I'd bought exactly the same one he pulled another box out of his pocket and said: 'Surprise!'.  Mum now has the one I bought and I have the one he bought me. He was going to take his back as I already had one, however, this is the first time ever he bought me jewellery and there was no way he was taking it back! 

I was too tired to sew after he'd left. I think the rib-eye steak and chips followed by a Belgian Waffle dessert (which was covered in chocolate sauce and bananas; with some Mr Whippy style cream on the side.) finished me off - despite sharing it with Chief. I could barely keep awake long enough to watch Homeland!

Today I've pulled fabric for the Modern Christmas Table Runner Swap.  

Fabric pull

Obviously I'm not intending to use all of this, but with so little true modern Christmas fabric I'm having to think outside the box a bit. I thought if I pulled everything that might work my partner may say she loves or hates something and that will decide me with a design too.

I also pulled out some text fabric scraps for another secret project and wondered if my Bee a Brit Stingy partner would like a few texty scraps in her Secret Santa hamper. Is there anyone who dislikes Text fabric?



Texty scraps

Tomorrow I may stop just playing with fabric and make something. 


13 comments:

  1. What a shame on the poppy front. At least Chief thought of you which is sweet. Like your fabrics, especially the testy ones! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, bless Chief!! I love all your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those brooches xxx
    Nothing wrong with a little rummaging and making pretty piles - deadline-panic will get you stitching soon enough!

    (ooh and what about the knife in the hand-action last night! And the hit and run!!?) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. First pretty brooches then...anyway, I love your embroidery and your swap partners are super lucky with the fabrics you have pulled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your poppy is beautiful... and you get to give your mum a gift as well xx win all round xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute poppy - must buy mine! I love your fabrics too, especially for the table runner :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't remember the last time hubby gave me some jewellery? Luck you - now you just need that plane or train ticket to Paris!

    Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the poppy, what a lovely gift. I wouldn't Say no to any one of those text prints if I were your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the poppy, what a lovely gift. I wouldn't Say no to any one of those text prints if I were your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the poppy, what a lovely gift. I wouldn't Say no to any one of those text prints if I were your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the poppy, what a lovely gift. I wouldn't Say no to any one of those text prints if I were your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that embroidery! And the poppy too. Nice that you kept chief's and your mum got yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. text fabric is always awesome ! love what chief got you how wonderful of him! Bet your mum is pleased with her one too! I love the firework embroidery. I am a misery too I become a hermit in winter plus the kids don't really like being out with all the loud bangs. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)