Sunday, 25 November 2012

The Dessert That Never Was and My Own Private Pity Party

Some may have noticed I've been quieter this last week. I have been laid low with a lurgy (for those needing a translation Lurgy = seasonal ill like flu or flu itself.) It came out of no where and is showing little sign of really going properly. Which is doubly unfortunate as I have to be in work next week.

Yesterday I ventured out for the first time since Monday. Just to the local shop to get supplies and also some  ingredients I needed for the dessert I was going to make to take to Susan's today for the BritBee plus friends get together at her house.  I walked around the supermarket like an extra from The Walking Dead. To be fair I probably fitted right in with some of the customers...I came home and felt completely wrecked. I knew unless there was some kind of miracle I would not be making the dessert let alone going to Susan's.  Confirmed later in the afternoon when I became very wobbly and faint.


The Dessert That Never Was
Ignore the green grapes and the marshmallows should really be the big kind but I forgot them.
And there are some other non key ingredients missing too.

I had been trying not to get my hopes up when the invitation was first sent as transportation was going to be an issue. But in the last few weeks I'd been looking forward to meeting Susan and the others.  None of whom I'd met before, apart from Katy.

I have felt absolutely gutted to be so close to going and not actually make it. Even when I've had the energy to be online I've not felt like blogging. 

I am also going to be behind in making the HipBee block for Catherine and probably won't get the table runner finished for the swap in time either. I've never been behind before, but really, if I try sewing right now it's going to go horrendously wrong.

So I've had my own little Pity Party of one. (without even dessert). A couple of nice things did happen in the week but they deserve a more positive post so I'm going to save them until next time. When the pity party should be well and truly over.




20 comments:

  1. Oh that sucks, you were so close to going. I hope you are starting to feel a bit better? And I won't be doing anything with my blocks until after my exam in December,so there is no rush with it at all:definitely don't stress over it. And I'm sure your partner will understand? Really hope you start to feel better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to humour you by saying that the best people, like you and me didn't go, but we both know that's a big fat fib!

    I hope you can give the lurgy the slip soon - stay cozy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan I hope that you feel well soon. It is always horrible to miss out on something you were looking forward to. Look after yourself. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jan, sorry to hear you've been poorly and that you missed out today! Don't worry, there'll be other opportunities to meet up I'm sure. Take it easy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor girl! Sounds like a pity party was truly in order - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel well soon. I bet they missed your dessert and you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you know you were missed! Let me know when the energy levels have returned and we will meet up for lunch very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Booo = what a shame you missed out and are feeling rotten. I hope you are back to your usual self soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww poor you :( hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you missed out...... They certainly needed you there to help eat all the food. I'm intrigued as to what pudding you were making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh well all is not lost - you still get to lunch with the fabulous Susan! Batten down the hatches and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no! What a shame :-(
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you wee scone. I hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. *stamps foot and gets pet lip out* It's not fair! I hope you feel somewhat better today and you make it to the next party. Take care and don't sew until you're feeling more human xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, pet! What rotten luck. :o( Listen, if it helps you know you can send Catherine's fabric to me and I'll make her block up for the Hipbees, don't you? That'll be one less thing to think about. Big hugs (no too close so I don't get a lovely dose, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, emailing you now with some happy news for you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you feel better soon, 'lurgy' is just horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Urgh, hope you're feeling a bit better now (although rather glad you didn't bring that banana thing, sorry!) we did a toast to absent friends

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Jan!! So sad that you coouldn't make Susan's :-( Concentrate on getting better - everything can wait a couple of days. I'm sending a big germ filled hug to you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)