Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Advent 3 & 4: Not the Countdown I Anticipated

I am continuing to be plagued by health problems meaning the count down to Christmas on my blog isn't really working out so far.  Being this unwell so close to Christmas I wonder what sort of Christmas is in store for me. I'm certainly going to be having a few more visits to the doctors surgery.  There are no decorations up and with bright sunshine streaming through the living room window it doesn't even feel Christmassy.  There will be no Chief here for Christmas either. With his dad so ill in hospital (he's been there since the Summer) I told Chief to not feel in the least bit bad about going up and spending it with his dad. It maybe his dad's last and it hopefully (!) won't be mine. As Chief and I have never managed to spend a Christmas together it's getting a bit of a tradition we have our own version of Christmas in the New Year.

I wont bore you with all the details health wise. Suffice to say if you want to be seen by more than one doctor at your local surgery, try fainting in reception. Ask me how I know.  Although be warned it's so embarrassing I can't really recommend it. Thankfully I have a brother that lives in the same village as the doctors surgery who was able to walk up to the car park to drive me home.  He then took my Mum to collect a prescription for me and given what it was I'm sure it raised a few eye brows in the chemist when she collected it.  Suffice to say this week I'm signed off I will not be struggling into work.  I'm not even stressed about losing a weeks pay. Sometimes the capacity for worrying about other things fades into insignificance.

I don't have anything creative to show you at the moment and my picture of the day might make vegetarian readers feel sick.  So here is a picture of my Advent Calendar a present from my Mum. She'd wanted to get me one of the pretty old fashioned picture-in-each-window ones, but limited options to get out meant it was either this one or One Direction. I think she made the right choice in the end.  Although I'm ashamed to say I don't know who all the Disney Princess' are!

Princesses Counting Down to Christmas

Ps. I'm a bit behind with answering comments at the moment, but I will get round to it xox





21 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and don't worry about responses. Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh Jan look after yourself and rest up. Please don't reply just take care. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the Disney princesses. I really hope that you are on the mend soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are poorly, just rest up. I'm ashamed to say I DO know the names of all the Disney princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we've got one of those calenders in our house! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough - Hope you have a much better New Year. Steak looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pants time you're having and fainting too is horrible. Glad to hear you have family around who can help look after you - take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't matter who the princesses are as long as they are willing to share their chocolate!

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to learn all the Disney princesses. I learn about them watching videos with my grandkids - equally wonderful. Hope the health issue improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope you've start feeling better soon. Its terrible that you won't get paid, my last job was like that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending you lot of hugs and wishes that you feel back to yourself soon.

    I definitely think you should acquaint yourself with Rapunzel, Brave and Princess and the Frog. The new films are actually pretty fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude! You're so sick! Oh, wee lamb. :0( Although, really, not knowing your princesses? Is it Rapunzel from Tangled at the front that is throwing you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to her you've been having a tough time. Take care of yourself and forget about replying.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh J, what a nightmare you are having! I hope the rest this week really helps! Take care! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, you're just her little princess (nope, not a scoob who they are either!)! Hope you're feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am wishing you a healthy Christmas Jan ! Let us know if there are any angel activities we can help you with! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure Chief will make up for it in January! Look after yourself my dear and I'm ridiculously behind with comments so please don't worry about me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're having a tough time of it recently, I hope you turn a corner soon. In the meantime, rest! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You want a lesson in Princesses? I'll send the girls round!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jan, I'm so sorry you've had such trouble. Glad you are staying home to take care of yourself. Life is so difficult sometimes. You seem to continue with a great attitude and that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling badly! Oh dear and passing out in hospitals... My count is up to two and it is embarrassing! And drama filled! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)