Friday, 7 December 2012

Advent 7: Packaging

Given my health at present I will not be making any more Christmas presents this year or trying to venture to shops for them. Online shopping is my best friend at the moment. Today a massive box from John Lewis turned up. It almost feels like Christmas unwrapping them.


P1130379

There was tonnes of giant sized air bags. The box was lined in a sheet of them too. Wow I thought they must really want the charging dock thingy for Chief to be well protected. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and inside was this:


For this?

Yes, a roll of budget gift wrap. Three packets of chocolate coins, and a box of pins. (I only bought the pins because I was just short of qualifying for free delivery by the price of the pins and pins are always handy.)

Along with the massive box came this bag:

P1130381

One of your standard plastic envelope bags.  No extra packaging. No protection and inside was the rest of my order including the most expensive bit - the charging thingy for Chief. 

Hmmm all that packaging for some coins, pins and gift wrap - barely a fivers worth of goods and the expensive stuff was in a plastic bag. 

Thank you all so much for all your well wishes. I am actually feeling a bit better today. Haven't really felt faint at all which is a big turn around to the last week. 






9 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling a little better today! Hopefully it will be an upward trend! Can't imagine what was going in the warehouse the day they packed your parcel!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific that you are feeling somewhat better. And I am forever amazed by the packaging, or lack there of used by various companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that there is a little improvement.

    Packaging! what a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I need to get a job at JL, as I am feeling a bit tired, scatty and irrational right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, obviously someone had a bit of a brain fart in the John Lewis packing department!

    Glad you're feeling a bit better :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you keep feeling better every day. Good to have a little silliness to laugh at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling a bit better! I love John Lewis but come on, review your packaging policies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some packing job. They must have wanted to make sure that those pins didn't get damaged in the mail....or maybe they were protecting the post man.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling a bit better but take it slowly still!

    Packaging ! Try some ebayers selling glass - the difference was astonishing! With fortunately only one bad result! Crunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)