Sunday, 9 December 2012

Advent 8 & 9: Ready for Secret Santa

The trouble with deciding to blog every day and then being ill so you don't do much or go anywhere, is you have nothing much to say some days. Yesterday was one of those days. On the health front though I managed to walk up the road with Mum while she delivered parish magazines to four houses. I consider this progress. (We'll ignore the fact it felt like I'd just walked a marathon.)

Today I assembled my Secret Santa parcels for the swap being held in the Bee a Brit Stingy bee.  Thankfully I'd had the forethought to make the fabric baskets already. I had planned on making some other bits for inside, but that's fallen by the wayside thanks to my health. However, I still had scraps and other bits to assemble.


Seeing Double?
No you aren't seeing double. One is for my partner and one is a secret. 

The swap requested we made a fabric basket as per this tutorial and then put some scraps inside. That was the minimum. We could put other stuff in to. But had to remember we are called Be a Brit Stingy for a reason. 

Sneaky Peeky
Two scrap piles for the bottom of each basket.


I don't tend to have big scraps of fabric and a lot of my scraps are odd shapes too. But I figured if I sent a selection my partner would have something they could use out of the whole lot.

By the time it came to wrapping the bits for in the basket I was feeling a bit wobbly so it looks like I delegated that and writing the cards to a small child. I was further foiled when I ran out of parcel tape. So the parcels have ended up a bit pass-the-parcel in the hope everything arrives in one piece.

Posting day is tomorrow although I will be late posting. Hopefully my partner won't mind the wait too much. 

I hope you've all had good weekends and aren't finding the Christmas preparations too stressful.



16 comments:

  1. Well done Jan for getting ready despite the lurgy! I am sure both recipients will be delighted! Even if you haven't managed a whole lot of homemade you have stuffed your hamper to the gunnels and your scraps look like mountains - love the doggy one!

    Continue to get better - sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both baskets look great and I'm sure your partner is going to be thrilled! Take care and get better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look lovely. Fell better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look great Jan-i filled mine up with a lot of scraps too

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baskets look lovely and the recipients will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice baskets and lovely scraps. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I love the fact that you had to remember you were stingy :oD The look great though, luck recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These will make someone very happy. Two someones.
    After a cup of tea make a folder on the computer and start two or three future posts. As you feel better add to these. By the end of the day you will have a couple of emergency posts ready for those days when you feel really ill. What to write about when you can barely think? Read some other blogs and an idea will jump into your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look super duper fantastic, Jan and you are way ahead of me! Hope you feel better much better v soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great secret sanata swaps.... you are really struggling with your health aren't you??? I do hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baskets turned out so well - I'd be thrilled to get something so lovely in a swap. Sending you good thoughts for feeling better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great! Hope you are feeling on the right road now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least you got a wee bit done today! Good to know where you are limits are so you can stay within them. Don't overdo it! Your wee baskets look a treat! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baskets look delightful! I hope you get this thing sorted out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are so cute well done for organising two! hope you are feeling a little better today xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the detail on the handles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)