Wednesday, 30 January 2013

One down, One to go

I have at least got one set of my January Bee blocks done on time and heard they've safely arrived. Technically there is still a day left in January so I may well get the second of the blocks done tomorrow. They just won't be arriving in January.

Collette asked us for disappearing nine patch blocks using some white fabric and some Anna Maria Horner fabric. Helpfully she'd already cut us the squares. So I just had to sew them together remembering her request to go as random as possible.

January HipBee Block 2 January HipBee Block 1


It had been my intention to get them all done this week. However, I've had some more challenging news to deal with. I won't bore you all with it because I feel like a complete whingey old bag keep blogging about the negative stuff. Then last night a friend came round with a belated birthday present. Everything had a birdie theme. I can't think why she thought I might like our feathered friends.


Birdie Themed

Today I finally got out to get the birds some proper bird food. We'd run out just before it snowed and we'd been turning out our kitchen cupboards to get them some food. They didn't seem to mind. I've also been trying to declutter. Part of my news could involve a big lifestyle change for me, so I really need to stop talking about getting rid of stuff and getting on with it. And if I can flog some of it on eBay so much the better. But more on that another time. 


14 comments:

  1. Nice D9Ps and it is heart warming when pressies arrive unexpectedly. Btw you are not whining. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely birthday gift. And I'm with Di - you are not whining. Also we don't expect perfect lives, and the real stuff sometimes sucks so don't think you are boring us and know that we are cheering you on to get through the rough spots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presents! You're not a whingebag, not at all, and you're definitely not old! I hope things work out in the end xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like my noble friends have already confirmed, we don't mind a bit of real life with the pretty makes.

    Take it easy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry things aren't great and no you're not whining! Meet my son. That's whining. Love your blocks - hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never known you whine! That DP9 looks great.

    And good luck decluttering! I keep failing on that score...

    nice birdies too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sounds intriguing! I hope these changes are positive ones for you! Lovely pressie too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the birdie pressies and great job on the blocks. Bring on the real life I say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a de-clutter, no matter the reason - you write a real blog Jan, not a moany one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you love. Nothing wrong with keeping it real! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sad that you have bad stuff in your life at the moment but not that you talk about it Jan! Just wishing you the best but in the meantime a problem shared ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw Jan you are not whinging but keeping it real ! I echo what the others are saying totally xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw Jan you are not whinging but keeping it real ! I echo what the others are saying totally xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool blocks and lovely gifts! Hope your news isn't too trying. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)