Friday, 18 January 2013

Snow not Sew

I've not been blogging so much of late because as I've not been sewing I don't have a lot to share with you. This weekend I hope to tackle my January Bee Blocks. Which will mean trimming and making an siggy block for January in the HipBee's and starting the feather blocks for Bee A Brit Stingy Bee.  I have cut a load more string,s but I was derailed by one of those turns midweek. Thankfully it was not bad enough for me to have any more time off of work. But it did put me out of action for an afternoon and evening and then made me sleepy after work the following day.

My creative efforts have pretty much been confined to the photo a day project. If you're interested you can see my first 18 days of the year here. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far.  I may start on a small sewing project of something just for me.  Something I can see a finish with sooner rather than later. And certainly something only from stash. I was given an idea of the cost to replace my leaky roof and it seems a lot more work is going to be needed so it's nearly double the price of what I had in my head. It came as a bit of a shock and will definitely be an incentive to use up my stash rather than buying more!

And because I don't like blogging without a picture. Here is a snow picture or two. I was the crazy lady that drove to work then had a lift home because I was too wussy to walk to collect my car and drive home in case the roads in my village were bad. (Well it's rare in deed they're gritted). My brother brought my car home a little while later and he and my niece went down the hill with her on a sledge!

Down the Road
Down the hill from where I live.

The robins are always happy to pose!
The robins love to pose.

I hope if you have snow and cold weather you are keeping warm and enjoying it rather than finding it too much of a stress.  Have a great weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. Oooh, it looks lovely. We havn't had a single snow flake here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to steal some of that snow, please. We were supposed to get up to 5 inches last night, but I woke up to a continuingly grey and snow-free world. I am disappointed in the extreme.

    I also have not been sewing lately and the blogging has ground to a halt because of it. Luckily I have a long weekend coming up and my very first sewing day with the DC Modern Quilt Guild is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the 365 photo thing - I wish I had done this. I have probably taken a photo almost every day - I shall try and start tomorrow. Lovely pics and good luck with your bee blocks - especially those feather ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling a bit better! Don't rush with the feathers I'm hoping to have a baby at some point soon ;) so there's no hurry!
    That is the tubbiest looking robin I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of snow here (Gloucestershire) and the local roads are really slippy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that photo makes me homesick! There are some good photo opportunities at the moment for the 365 project x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit of the white stuff here. I crawlled home 12 miles in third gear at 18-20 miles/hr. I am so pleased to be home. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wimped out before I even got to work, and kept nagging hubby to come home early too! We were all home cosy by 2pm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely snow photos. That robin is perfect. Glad the turn wasn't a bad one this time. Now snuggle down for the weekend and enjoy some relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What, you weren't out on the sledge too? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a drop of snow here either. Love that wee robin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep cosy, you have clearly had rather more snow than we have! We are getting a lot of really fine stuff that doesn't amount to anything. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. like Lucy says tubby robin! v cute though! be careful in that snow that hill looks a bit slippy ! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)