Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Sniff

Since I started coming down with it on Friday, I've had the most stinking cold. (Probably along with half the population at the moment!) So I have spent hardly any time online. No time on Facebook or reading blogs, very little time checking emails or looking on flickr. It's felt strangely liberating only not. I start to miss seeing what everyone is up to and catching up with other people's news.

On the back of so much illness over the last few months I need a cold like I need a hole in the head. Chief didn't risk coming down at the weekend as he's only just getting over a lurgy and the last thing he wanted was whatever I've had. Which actually sounds worse than I think it is. I'm sure that anyone witnessing one of my prolonged coughing fits would want to keep as far away as possible!

So just as I was getting on top of my stitchy commitments I have slipped behind again.  I have fabric to show you though.


Fabric

The top fabric - An Architextures charm pack is my one fabric splurge for months and was justifiable because I have a small amount of birthday money which I chose to spend some of on this. I've decided this birthday money should be spent on fun things so I'm not just putting it towards every day expenses but choosing things as I see them that would be a treat and a little outside my new thrifty way of trying to live.  

The second pile of charms arrived in today's mail. When I was told I'd had fabric come in the mail I couldn't think what it could be as I'd not ordered any other fabric. It turned out it was my 5" Charms from the Low Volume Charm Swap. There is a lovely selection and I especially like the birds in the top charm. 

So that's what's been happening around here of late. I'm hoping to have a give away soon to thank you all for your support and kind words over the last few months. I just have to work out what!


16 comments:

  1. As long as you're not giving away your germs then whatever you decide will be awesome. *g* I cannae believe you're sick again!! Wee lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blimmin viruses!!!! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not another lurgy! Feel better soon and enjoy your charms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Me me* I chose the birds, I chose the birds!! I can't wait for my charms to arrive :-) Enjoy your fabric and really hoping you feel a whole lot better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not more germs! Poor you. I didn't get my low volumes today so I shall be stalking the postman tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Not more illness. I hope that you feel better really soon. Enjoy those charms. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewww, *passes the tissues*, hope you feel less snotty and hacky soon! Yay for happy mail though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor you - you have had note hat your fair share of the lurg ;(

    Lovely fabric though, I can concur xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are starting to feel better: fabric mail always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor you, hope the happy mail made you feel better x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boo, boooo. Evil germs be gone!

    Love the new charms.

    Feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You poor old thing! These bugs aren't online catching are they? I do hope not!

    Mean while, just stock up on all those bug fighting extras, and get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, tough luck on the cold, hope it clears soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boo to stinky colds! I'm still trying to shake mine off! Lovely that you got some fabric to cheer you up! Not got my LV charms yet! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Colds, allergies and nastiness have plagued so many this season... Sorry you're feeling yucky. Pretty fabric always makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry you continue to have health issues! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)