Friday, 8 March 2013

Bee-ing Good

Thank you to all of you that have messaged me to see if I'm ok. It has been rather quiet around here of late. There has been more illness and not just me this time. My Mum went down with a lurgy just before her 80th birthday meaning she missed out on celebrating. Although when everyone is better we will be celebrating.  Unfortunately whilst I am back to my usual-of-late-crappy-feeling, which is getting me down. My Mum is still really poorly. She doesn't get ill very often and I don't recall seeing her this ill in a very long time.  I have had the week from hell.  I won't bore you with the details. I don't want this blog to become a place where I stop by to whinge.  A lot of time I just haven't had anything to say.

Today is different as today I was determined to sew. I've decided I haven't gone off sewing. Like most things in my life in recent months the constant illness and fatigue (not to mention huge heaps of stress) has limited my life considerably.  If I didn't have to work - even part time - I may have the energy left over for stuff like housework, sewing and any other social activity I normally indulge in.  If you went through my diary you'd find a lot of crossing out of engagements made over the last few months.

The sewing I did today was to make the February block for Di in the HipBee's. Everyone waiting on blocks has been really kind and patient.   

HipBee February Block for Di 

I really enjoyed making this block for Di. I'd never made flying geese before. I often go wrong with triangles but I didn't go wrong with these. Oh apart from when I sewed one of the rows wrong and had the geese following some of the others instead of flying away from. That only happened because I was being a smarty pants and didn't refer to a picture. It was only when I ironed it I thought: Hmmm that doesn't look as good as if they were the other way round. Ah yes that's because it's wrong.

The most difficult bit of doing this block was photographing it. So sorry for the bad pictures. It's not great light and I'm determined to post this off tomorrow so had to take pics now.

Getting ready to post

I'm also going to post the feather I made ages ago for Lucy. I'd not done a siggy block, so it's been sat on the side doing nobody any good.  Tomorrow I'll be doing the X&+ blocks for February in Bee a Brit Stingy.  Then I'll be almost caught up. And that is one good feeling!


13 comments:

  1. Aww Jan, your block is lovely. Hope things get better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing is good for the soul. Good to see you doing some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant block - good to see you are feeling up to a wee bit of sewing. Sorry your Mum has been poorly for her birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Och 8 days is hardly late, I'm still waiting for 7 since October! Glad you managed to get this done in the end

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block Jan. Hope your mum and you feel better soon. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see you stitiching again. Hope your mum pulls back to her normal self ery soon and that you get a break from all your illness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block for Di. Chin up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for such a beautiful block. You will like the + and x blocks. They go together quickly. Cosy up this weekend and keep warm. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you still feel crappy. I hope Spring gets there soon to lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Di's block looks fantastic. I need to crack on with your block this weekend! Hope you and your mum start to feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet block. Keep on keeping on x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so lovely to see you sewing again and your block is gorgeous! Hope you and your mam are fully fit again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your mum. Lovely sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)