Monday, 11 March 2013

Good Mail Days

When you stop buying fabric online (or whatever else you're into) the opportunities for good-mail-days go down considerably. I hadn't realised how few good-mail-days I'd had until I had some lovely mail on Saturday and again today.

This month is my month as Queen Bee in Bee a Brit Stingy. I was horribly behind in this Bee, which started in January and did give my fellow Bee's the chance to opt out of making for me. It felt a bit cheeky expecting other people to get stitching when I hadn't done any myself. My fellow Bee's said they were going to be making for me so could I choose my block. The block I went for was The Road to Tennese block. I referred everyone to this great tutorial that Sarah wrote for Bee Blessed. I requested the small background bits be white - whether that was plain white, white on white or low volume pattern with a heavily white design. Then I asked for the main prints to be bright and colourful and remind everyone of summer. We started getting snow in the UK in October and whilst down here the snow has not been continuous I do feel a six month spread of winter excessive. I need some summer, even if it is just in a quilt!

On Saturday I received blocks from Di and today from Nicky. I have them laid out on the living room floor at the moment, where I can just stare at them and reflect on how lucky I am to know such lovely people. It's going to be a beautiful quilt and I want to have it finished to take with me to the FQ retreat.


365-70 11 March 2013

19 comments:

  1. These can be a bit of a fiddle to make but the results will be stunning! They look great now, just imagine when they all start coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they look fantastic...a touch if summer to snuggle under...we are lucky we've had no snow...but cold again here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're wonderful, this quilt is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a beaut, mate!! It's so nice to receive bee blocks back in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting bee blocks back is so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bee blocks are the best sort of post. They look good together. I reckon that you will have a fab quilt when finished. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is going to be a very beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this - so fresh and happy!! Are they called 'siggy' blocks??

    ReplyDelete
  9. aarrrgghhh I have to get on this!! Sorry! They are looking great though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful to get everyone else to make them, they look wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, what fabulous summery colours - it's going to be great, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely! Hope to meet you at the retreat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's going to be gorgeous! How fun that you are going to the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're looking great, looking forward to seeing the finished article

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Now that is some fun mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really are going to have a beautiful quilt Jan!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sure looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't started mine yet, but soon....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)