Saturday, 9 March 2013

Sew-on-a-roll

Wow! I've actually sewed two days running! This means that I'm up to date on my Bee commitments. (I'm not counting that I've not done March blocks because we're still in March!)

Today's sewing was for Ms February - aka Emily. Emily requested the ever popular +&x blocks. The hardest bit of doing this block was deciding on the fabrics. There was some major procrastination going on.  I hope Emily likes what I decided on because they're all packaged up ready to go.

365-68 9 March 2013

After asking my fellow Stingy Bees to make me a block with part of it white background I've discovered that since making the feather for Lucy I have no white fabric, so can't do my own blocks until I go shopping. Before you think that's the most feeble excuse for wanting to fabric shop, I'll have you know that I've been sticking to my self imposed fabric diet like a good-un.  In four months I think I've only bought fabric twice. Even then it was not a lot of fabric either. 

This morning, so I could clear my day for stuff like sewing, I ventured to the supermarket early. As I pulled up next to the river I spotted a Kingfisher sat on a low willow branch. Now that has to be a good start to a weekend?  I hope you are all having good weekends too!

12 comments:

  1. Yay, well done! I don't know about you, but I always feel like buying white is a complete let down on the fabric buying front, like I have to buy something else just to make up for the plainness of it. I buy my white in 5 metre increments to save myself too much extra guilt buying ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good starts to the weekend and sewing - good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made great fabric choices and Emily will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like those +/- blocks. I think I might ask for them for a bee I'm in. Pray tell where can one find a tutorial for the block?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric choices! I hope you add something colourful to your white order, just to cheer up the envelope, you understand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely getting back into that sewing groove.
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I am getting blocks like that I am more than happy to wait, they are lovely! Thanks Jan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, and necessary fabric shopping does not count!
    Saw a Woodpecker when we were last at my parent's and thought of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty blocks! I now feel bad for making you buy fabric - sorry! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks J! Great to see you've got some sewing mojo back! Long may it continue! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Emily will love those blocks. It's ages since we've seen a kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never seen a Kingfisher except on TV and I don't think that counts! Maddie seems keen to keep pigeons and crows out of the garden!

    Great choices there Jan - Emily seems pleased and the best thing is you are hopefully enjoying a bit of stitching again!

    Good luck with that shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)