Thursday, 4 April 2013

Not really random Thursday stuff

Patriotic Mail 

 Look what I had in the mail from the lovely Helen! I'd been admiring these every time I saw a picture of one and now I have my very own. Other people have commented on not only how lovely it is, but lovely it will be that I can now stop using their lap as a thread catcher. (Well if they have to sit on the sofa next to me when I'm sewing what do they expect? I only put threads on their lap so they can put them in the bin for me or remind me to do it.)

  24 Hour Salad 

 This is the dessert I'd intended taking to Susan's last year when she had a get together. Unfortunately it was the start of a particularly unpleasant run of bad health so the dessert never got made and I didn't get to go to the party. But now as I have some whipping cream in the fridge that runs out in a couple of days time I thought I'd crack on with this dessert. It's called 24 Hour Salad and has Canadian origins.  It tastes better than it looks. Well it would have to really. If like some blog readers you're allergic to, say...bananas you'll want to avoid this.

For those of you living on another planet or not going to the FQ Retreat you may have missed they've started to announce the classes for the retreat and I have to say I'm getting pretty darn excited. Last night I spent ages looking at picks from last years retreat on flickr and wondering whether I should try and finish the weekender bag that I fell out of love with before I really started and what sort of hand/tote bag I should make to take with me.   Decisions decisions eh?

11 comments:

  1. Lovely thread catcher from Helen. I saw the classes that are appearing and can;t wait either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty random!

    Oh yes, Retreat-makery fever is setting in already xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whipped cream salad looks like what we make every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Is it a tin of Del Monte fruit salad, drained, with some extra fruit chopped up and added to it? That's why I am a *cough* chubby Canadian :) Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, woman, I need more on that pud!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. oh, crap, yeah. Great wee thread catcher!! She's a sweetie, that Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's killing me - all these class announcements, and yes I do live on another planet! The thread catcher is gorgeous - I usually throw the threads on the floor - the whole family is used to going to school/work with threads on their clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes mental note not to sit next to you at the retreat... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the food looks great and love the thread catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you like it! Is the human thread catcher going to be in charge of holding the fabric version?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loadsw of lovely classes being announced. It will be difficult to select what one most wants to attend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)