Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Today I made...

...a headband.


Headband

You are probably thinking shouldn't she be getting on with her tote so she can put us out of our misery and do her big reveal?! Well I have been doing that as well. I just had a whole rethink on the lining front and now the pocket is virtually made I decided to use some different fabric to line the exterior pocket. The only problem was the fabric I wanted to use was already earmarked to make one of these headbands.  So I decided rather than cut into the fabric and find I didn't have enough for a headband I'd get on with the headband and use the left overs to line my pocket.

Anyone thinking this fabric would clash with the lining fabric I showed you yesterday is right. I have actually had a rethink on the lining front now that my external pocket plan is going to plan.  Only this is where I hit a snag. I have the most perfectly suitable lining fabric for the bag I'm making. Only I can't find it. I've pulled out drawers and upturned piles of fabric and come to the conclusion that rather than sew, right now I need to empty my fabric drawers and sort out asap. It might also mean I can start using my large cutting mat. At the moment I can't because of piles of fabric that won't fit in the drawers, all over it.

So that's what I'm off to do now. Toodles.

9 comments:

  1. Nice work :-) I always looked daft in headbands... shame, looks like a nice satisfying make!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I follow the lining issues but any confusion may be because as I was reading I was thinking, 'I want to see a photo of Jan in her headband'...I can't think about too many things at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'll wait for you to sort your drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sort your drawers out and get on with it! Nice headband but you should be modeling it. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty! but no head? I think you should remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *snort* well that was the best description of a detour round other projects that I've ever heard ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy said it all - best excuse EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe - laughing at Katy! I hate it when fabric hides like that but maybe we both need a sort out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll get there. You obviously have your mojo back bigtime if you are willing to pull apart your neat and tidy stash to find what you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)