Tuesday, 14 May 2013

24 Hour Salad Recipe - Only 24+ days late!

After I blogged about making a 24 hour salad I went and told people in response to requests I'd blog the recipe and then I didn't. Opps. It wasn't intentional. I got side tracked, had an early senior moment or something.


24 Hour Salad
It kind of tastes better than it looks. Just not for people who are on a diet!

1 Egg - well beaten
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons of vinegar
1 cup of Marshmallows
1 cup of red grapes- halved and seeded
1 cup of tinned pineapple cubes
1 cup of whipped cream
1 Tablespoon of butter (use solid butter rather than the 'spreadable' kind.)

Put the egg, sugar and vinegar into a saucepan and stir constantly over heat until thick then stir in the butter and leave to cool.  Mix into the cool mixture the marshmallows, grapes, pineapple cubes and bananas.  

Finally mix in the cream and leave in the fridge for 24 hours before serving.

A note about cups: this recipe is Canadian hence the cups unit of measurement. You can by cups in most supermarket home baking aisles. When I first made this recipe I just used a mug because I had no 'cups' and it worked fine. 

Thank you all for your great comments on my give away post. I am reading all of them but probably won't manage to answer them.

5 comments:

  1. I'm slightly confused. Is this a fruit salad? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabella gets a prize for the most stupid question!!!

    I trust your wisdom, because eggs and vinegar sound like a recipe for disaster, but then, I really don't cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds deliciously weird! I'm at least used to putting vinegar in meringue so am giving it a go this weekend!! Any suggestions on how to eat it? Apart from "with a spoon"!! I mean do you just serve as pud on its ownio?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Canadian?! Okay, I've never tried this. Sounds so weird that it must be good sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds yummy but I can't have it as trying to cut out treats :((

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)