Tuesday, 28 May 2013

A Change of Plan

So this afternoon the plan was to come home from work, hoover, bake and do stuff in preparation for Chief coming down tonight. Then I got a text this am to say he was off to the doctors. Followed by one to say he was ill. He'd got medication from the doctors, the doctors had argued he should be staying up there for the next few days. He argued (and I don't think you really argue with Chief when he decides he's not going to do something.) he wanted to go home. They eventually said he could if he had a driver. The last I heard he was being driven to his car, before starting for home. He's been working in Yorkshire all weekend and his car was even further north. What I'm really saying is my plans to see Chief this side of the weekend are no more.

To console myself I have roast beef and Yorkshire pudding in the oven. I will be having a late lunch/early dinner (is that a Linner?) I wish this blog had the power to transfer smells to readers because it smells LUSH! I can't wait to eat it. It's all I can think about it, which is why I'm blogging and not stitching already! After I've eaten I'll hopefully have my power of concentration back and will be able to start quilting that quilt I showed you yesterday. My sewing mojo is doing happy dances and really wants to get making.

I don't like blogging without a picture so here is a different view of my garden...in the rain.

  A different view

10 comments:

  1. Your garden is so pretty!!! I'm glad your mojo is properly back in the room. Good luck with the quilting - I'm having a break right now, my shoulders were protesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jan, your garden is lovely. sorry to hear about the change of plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunner, I think, or dunch... Bugger on the change of plans though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boo I've only just read this, I'm at my mum's (thought I could smell something delish wafting down the road) I didn't e-mail to try and meet up as you'd said Chief was coming down and I know how precious those times are..... we're off home tomorrow -sorry - next time I'll try again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty garden! Sorry Chief can't visit but the upside is you can finish that quilt and you seem to be up for it! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden still looks so pretty even in the rain! Hope you enjoyed your roast! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, blah, sorry you don't get to see your guy. Linner sounds yum and your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Army messes up your plans again....hopefully he will have some well deserved leave sometime soon and you can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I need to speak with the universe about you two and your weekend (lack of) shananigans!! Hope you get together soon and that the roast beef was lovely - is there enough for a sandwich today? That's what my mum always says, "Oh they'll be enough for a sandwich tomorrow" ;) Love the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo to the 'ick', but yay to a roast and sewing mojo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)