Friday, 17 May 2013

Aeroplane Bag Plotting

So having decided to make an Aeroplane Bag I have been pondering fabric choices. This is what I've come up with.


Fabric Choices for Aeroplane Bag

I'm thinking the purple Echino for the top half and the spotty Country Fair (home decor weight) Denyse Schmidt dots for the bottom panels (I hope there is enough) and then the other two for lining/straps. Although I'm also thinking of jazzing up some webbing I have to use for handles - only I may be an inch or three short of what's recommended and so may not have enough.

Now I'm stuck on the interfacing. I have some duck cloth left over from the failed weekender purchasing and some unspecified stiff wadding bought for bags that I've never used and can't remember the name of. I'm hoping to make as much of this bag from what I have and probably need to go and re-read the blog posts of other folk who've made this bag and compromised on the interfacing and hopefully I'll glean some links to cheap sources of anything I will need to buy. I have a zip on order. 

Top tips will be much appreciated.  

I'll be doing the give away draw tomorrow so do pop back then and see if you're a winner!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with it! What interfacing are you needing to sacrifice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a lovely choice.... it's going to be a stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices and I may be the only person left without a hand made bag for the retreat. The indignity of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used 3 mm scrim foam that I got on ebay pretty cheaply. It worked brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun - it's going to be a lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty choices! Looking forward to seeing it done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice of fabric. Hop over to I'm a Ginger Monkey blog as Katy did a really extensive review of linings etc for this bag. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bird lady indeed! It's going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you see Katy's post? I just used wadding, it isn't as structured as the original; but when it is stuffed with all my gear, I won't care xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)