Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Caught Quilting!

So having had a lovely roast dinner linner yesterday I made a start on the quilting. I worked out that a couple of hours each day and all the quilting should be done by the weekend. I'm opting to quilt in a straight line diagonally through the centre of each patterned section in both directions. (Does that make sense? In my head it did. But lots makes sense in my head that doesn't outside of it!)

I have a Parish Meeting to attend tonight so I've been stitching this afternoon. I have now completed just over half.


P1140395

I am not deliberately looking away, I'd just removed a safety pin and dropped it back in the jar.  I didn't  realise someone had a camera...

...If I had I'd have put some make up on and brushed my hair...and maybe not done that furrowed brow in concentration thing.

P1140397

The quilt is much prettier to look at so I'll leave you with a final shot of that. It's raining here today, but I have summer right at hand. That's enough to make me smile!

Quilting!


18 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic, very summery, cheerful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its going to look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. It's going to be fantastic when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good girl! And just as well you are concentrating - wouldn't want you messing up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is coming on a treat. Keep concentrating!
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. See those people that sneak up on you with cameras, shouldn't be allowed ;o) Looking forward to meeting the finished article

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is going to be amazing and your quilting makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Concentration is good!
    The quilt is going to be amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking gorgeous! And the quilt's not bad either! LOL! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see such a cheery quilt on such a miserable day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)