Sunday, 26 May 2013

Going Potty!

Today has not been so random as yesterday.  In fact today I have set about planting all the bedding plants I've been buying of late. There has been some good deals at the local supermarket and I also picked up some at my favourite local nursery. What I didn't realise was the deals were so good that for a relatively small amount of money I'd managed to buy enough plants to fill over 20 assorted containers. Some of which you can see in this picture below.


Going Potty

They are not much to look at at the moment.  However, in a few weeks I predict a riot of colour. I wasn't going to plant any tubs last year because of the hose pipe ban. My garden is largely south facing and in drought conditions there is no way you can water enough with a watering can to keep bedding alive in containers. However I succumbed to a few on sale plants at my local nursery and did a few tubs but not this many!

Now I need a shower. All that gardening is dirty work. I hope wherever you were and whatever you were doing you at least got to enjoy the glorious sunshine I did today.

10 comments:

  1. Well done you potty thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a water butt to collect all the rain now so you can water later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly going to be busy watering all those lovely pots every evening! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, pretty!! 20 pots is a lot of compost though, innit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of pots! Bet they'll be beautiful if you can keep them watered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flowering pots, and I love geraniums most of all. Probably because they remind me of hotter climates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be lovely! The weather has been amazing her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lovely sight they're going to be when they flower! I've been going potty this afternoon...stiff as a board now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh if only my gardening skills weren't so appalling! We have managed to grow a couple of marigolds from seed from school, they are starting to look really good, so guessing I will be upsetting my son any time soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought maybe you had inherited a toddler. :) Love your pots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)