Sunday, 2 June 2013

Flower Festival

I'm just back from spending the afternoon at the village garden's open day. What a lovely day it was. Great weather and beautiful gardens to peruse. (There was tea and cake too, always a bonus I find.) I took a camera but felt uncomfortable taking pics in peoples gardens. Not to mention all the time I spent getting distracted by chatting. In fact we didn't get round all the gardens because every few paces we bumped into someone from the village we needed to catch up with.

The village church was open and advertised a flower festival. Given the dwindling congregation and the small size of the church I expected maybe a large pedestal and a few vases. So it was a great surprise to see a well thought out series of themed displays picturing various aspects of traditional village life: Cricket matches, afternoon teas, preserve making, patriotism, gardening remembrance etc.

So I'll leave you with a few pics. Before you ask I do not open my garden to the public. However, as soon as some more flowers come out I'll be out with my camera and will be doing a virtual garden's open.

Holton Church Flower Festival 2013

Holton Church Flower Festival 2013

Holton Church Flower Festival 2013

Holton Church Flower Festival 2013



Holton Church Flower Festival 2013

Ps. Get me starting June with two posts per day. Oh and finishing that quilt has really kick started my mojo too! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow those flowers look gorgeous... I can't keep up with commenting on all your blog posts this weekend, you have been so active, and I have been in bed most of the weekend!! Your completed summer kisses quilt is stunning - I hope you are enjoying looking at it a lot, and sitting under it when you get a spare minute xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the rooster with the eggs was a little odd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a sunny summer's day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell the church just by looking at your photos - and I mean that in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics J! You're on a roll! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of what look like amazing displays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Village sounds like a good place to live. lovely photos of the church and flowers. I'm looking forward to seeing those tubs in flower and the rest of your garden in the' virtual' tour!:) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers!! I see lilacs. I love lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely flowers. Nice to be able to look at other people's garden. So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)