Thursday, 6 June 2013

For Miss (Bee a Brit Stingy) June

Being a good girl

Here we are only 6 days into June and I've made all my Bee blocks for the month! This sunny weather has seen me slip into a familiar pattern of coming home from work and spending time in the garden, often with a good book. Eating my dinner out in the garden and then as it starts to cool I come in and sew. I'd set myself the task of getting Miss June in the Bee a Brit Stingy Bee blocks done today.  


Scrappy trip block 1

It took me about an hour to do these. Largely because I had the strips already cut. Earlier in the year when everyone seemed to jump on the scrappy trip bandwagon I thought I might too. My sewing mojo was on it's holidays and the prospect of a pattern that was meant to be super quick and a great scrap buster was very appealing. However, I got as far as cutting some strips of fabric and printing out the instructions. 

Scrappy trip block 2

Collette asked for her scrappy trips to be bright and cheery with no black, brown or batiks.  I thought if I came unstuck anywhere with this block it would be the unpicking bit.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I managed to do the first block with no issue. I must have got to cock sure thought because when I was unpicking block 2 I didn't lay it out, but laid the strips in piles and then got completely discombobulated and had to sew the last two strips back into a tube and unpick again in the right place! 

I did have fun making these blocks and I think they'd be super speedy if you have a cutting machine to do 2.5" strips or maybe a lot of left over part jelly rolls. There may be a scrappy trip in my future. 

In the mean time  I hope you like them Collette, I'm off to do your siggy block. I doubt I'll get any sewing in for the next few days as I have a full on weekend and start to next week. But more on that another time. 

9 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices for these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welll done .. you can go back in the garden now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous! I did exactly the same and have strips cut already... just need to sew them now! I think I'll do it when the kids aren't about so I can concentrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great - enjoy the sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smarty pants being done already, I only got my fabric for mine today :oP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright and cheery blocks! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)