Wednesday, 5 June 2013

For Miss (HipBee) June

Once I got in from work I spent most of the afternoon in the garden finishing off the book for the next book group meeting. Then I started a book passed to me by my neighbour. It's such a luxury to see the sunshine and I don't feel so inclined to spend any more time than I have to indoors. I mean supposing it starts raining tomorrow and continues until 2014? I'll regret not being out in the sunshine whilst it lasted!  It's difficult though as since I finished the quilt at the weekend my sewing mojo has been revving up to get on with the next project. So when the breeze made it a bit too cool to continue sitting in the garden, I made the block for Lynz who is Miss June in the HipBee's.

Lynz asked us for a 'Drunk Love in a Log Cabin Style'. Helpfully she provided us with some inspiration pictures. The solids were provided by Lynz and she asked us to include a little bit of fabric from our stash that matched the colour palette. I came up with birds because well would you expect anything else from me? I also added in some Denyse Schmidt because in this bee I sent out a range of DS fabrics when it was my month. I also added in a bit of Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric as that worked with the colour palette.


For Miss June
The light means the picture is not quite true to real life. The dark strips are 
actually a deep burgundy colour

So I just have to do my siggy and hear Lynz's feedback as I'm not sure whether this blocks is meant to be more drunk and I'd hate Lynz to have the embarrassment of having to put my block to one side the bin, if it's not right.  


10 comments:

  1. This block is brilliant - there is no way it will go in the bin! Lynz will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! I cannot imagine Lynz sidelining this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bin my arse! You know by now that it is perfectly drunk and I love it to pieces. Wee birds from my bird loving twin! (Did you notice my practice block has a central bird? Twins, I tell ta...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bin my arse! You know by now that it is perfectly drunk and I love it to pieces. Wee birds from my bird loving twin! (Did you notice my practice block has a central bird? Twins, I tell ta...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like she doubly loves it ;o) We already got the rain *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a great block to do wasn't it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)