Monday, 24 June 2013

FQ Retreat Name Badge

If you could have seen me making this badge yesterday you'd have been laughing. There was much singing along loudly and more than a bit out of tune to cheesy 80's music and an important part of the badge making process involved me feeling the need to stick a cushion up my top. But I can't say any more on that score. I'll just leave you with a couple of pictures of the badge I've made my partner for the Fat Quarterly Retreat.


The Front of the badge

I would like to say I had a cunning plan for the badge right from the start. Only I didn't, I just made it up as I went along.

Back of badge

My partner likes bright colours and I'm not sure if I've gone a bit girly rather than bright. But I like bright colours too and I'd be happy with this badge. So just have to post it now and wait for mine to arrive too.

7 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, I especially like the rainbow blanket stitch, brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute embroidery for your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmh! But whose name is under that squiggle? Pretty embroidery. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing where its going

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)