Saturday, 15 June 2013

Must-Stash

I keep seeing more suppliers added to the Quilt Market list at the FQ Retreat.  I'm getting a little bit excited about the prospect of seeing fabric and thread in the flesh to buy. I don't have a local quilt store. If I want thread or fabric I have to buy online. Those of you in the same position probably get a tad excited at the prospect of seeing goodies in the flesh too.  There is even talk of an excursion or two to fabric stores.

I'm less excited about the prospect of needing to carry cash for the retreat especially as I rarely do and have a lot of expense this month what with the dentists, car needing an MOT and service, plus the car insurance being due before the retreat too. But still that will probably not stop me getting tempted.

Must-stash bag 

If I am to be tempted I may need to whip out a shopping bag to carry my swag back to the hotel. Where I may lay it all out every where and play pretendy quilt stores before bed time. Did I just say that out loud? (If I did and Katy is reading this: Please don't think you're sharing the room with a (total) mad woman. I fully intended to let you play pretendy quilt shops too!)

I used some Klona, Lakehouse Dry Goods and moustache fabric (I can't remember who that's by) and made myself a fold up portable shopping bag.  I even did a funny - or so I thought. See that Moustache fabric? It's really shouting out Must-stash.  I told Chief my funny by text and he just texted back. 'Groan'.  So maybe it's not that funny!


Must-stash bag

I didn't follow a pattern to make this bag. I just cut into the fat quarter of moustache fabric to make a central panel and then pinned it onto some klona  and then cut that in half to make side panels. Once that was assembled I pinned the front panel to the Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric and cut a back panel.  I did the handles by guess work to and the ties - which also double as ties to secure the top of the bag should it be really bulging with shopping! For the same reason I boxed the corners. It gives it just a little bit more structure when in use.


Must-stash bag

I hope whatever you're doing this weekend you're having a good one!



12 comments:

  1. 'If' I buy anything I'll be stroking and loving it when I get to my room too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, what a perfect wee shopper!!!!! Clever girl - the ties are a genius idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I thought it was funny x have a wonderful time x having not much money means you are exta careful with what you DO buy.. so its EXTRA special xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, thats what I need probably, I have a tiny strawberry one I put in my bag but won't be enough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool!
    I have asked Lynne to ask the 'shops' if we can by online (with a no-delivery/Retreat code) and pick up to avoid the cash dilemma, which doesn't obviously preclude the use of cash too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect bag! And I laughed at your pun... I think others besides you may play the same game..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous bag. Love Hadley's idea re the cash dilemma too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila and I have already been playing pretendy quilt shops this week :)). We've found some great quilt stores on our hold. She'll probably blog about them later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way too dangerous for me to have a must-stash tote! Looks great. I love your lake house fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your must stash play on words. Wish I could be there to `play`quilt store too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did I mention on the Sunday that I'm also giving Susan a lift home? We both have to fit in the car ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)