Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Hello I'm Jan

If you read this post you will already know a little about me going to the Fat Quarterly Retreat 2013. (For any non quilters reading this blog the FQ Retreat is a sewing get together in London where lots of blogging friends - some yet to be made - are gathering together with the intention of sewing and hanging out.)

As there is a new linky party over on the FQ blog and I've just had my hair done I thought I'd post an updated picture and let you all know how to recognise (or avoid) me!


New do

When I'm not sewing (which seems more often than not of late) I can be found in my cottage garden. Either weeding or planting or just sat reading a book. I'm also a book crosser and a member of the village book group. In fact I get involved with lots of village activities as I'm also the Vice Chairman of our village Parish Council.  I am also thinking about taking the plunge into self employment. Not full time and with no delusions I'll earn a self sustaining living from it. But it would be nice to do something with my creative passion that at least helped fund it!

The classes I'm doing are: PJ Pant making, Free Motion Quilting, Trapunto and Hand Quilting with Lu Summers.

I am most looking forward to meeting everyone. Oh and of course meeting the lovely Katy again. It's the most exciting part for me. I get to meet all these lovely like minded people. Some of whom have become the best online friends ever.

Oh and if you think in the other post I said I'd be on the naughty step with my skirt in my knickers and I don't look the type from the above picture. I should point out that pic is a tad misleading. My hair will not look this organised at the Retreat. In fact in the other post I also said something about thinking I'm far cooler in my head than I am out of it. The out take from the photo shoot says it all really:


P1140509ps

Oh Crap Mum I've just stood in a big pile of pigeon poo and it's all over the woven bit of my wedges.

So I'll hopefully see you there. I'll clean my shoes and everything!

16 comments:

  1. :D *waves* We'll be in the PJ pants class together, so see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meet me after classes then Jan as we're not in the same ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think we are in FMQ together...and the same hotel. I'll be checking those shoes are clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you there-we are in the pj pants together. Look forward to meeting you at last

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous garden! I'm in FMQ also so look forward to seeing you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picture of you and of your garden. Wish I could come to London.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliants posts!!
    Can't wait to meet you, I'll be in FMQ too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, who are you again? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so looking Forward to meet you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The garden looks gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing you there :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased you are coming this year! See you in the PJ class!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your shoes, be careful not to step in anything on the way there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)