Thursday, 11 July 2013

Officially Excited.

It doesn't matter how far behind I am with Retreat preparation. It doesn't matter how far behind I am with housework. (I promise I'll try and do some before Thursday Katy!) Today my Fat Quarterly name badge arrived.  It's official. In a weeks time Katy will be here. We'll be nattering and only a few hours away from the retreat. I am now officially excited.  The badge has made it feel much more of a reality.

But enough waffle you want to see the lovely badge from Jennie at Jennie's Threads don't you?


My lovely new name badge

It even has a lanyard - squeeeeeee!

Fabulously mini hexies, gorgeous embroidery and my real name plus my alias. 


My lovely new name badge

And of course I had to wear it in the garden for a bit this afternoon.

Me with my lovely retreat badge!

You'll be pleased to know I put it safely away before I started the bbq I'd decided to do for my niece when she dropped by after school. I have decided to leave all bbq-ing to Chief in future. He does it so effortlessly. I on the other hand got through two disposable bbqs and wasted quite a few sausages in order to cremate a burger for my niece. I tell you it's more by good luck than good management that the garden wasn't ablaze! Still she seemed happy and it was sunny so all is good.



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag but I think I might recognise you!

    I see we share cooking skills!

    ReplyDelete

  2. The tag is lovely!and the garden looks pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon be able to count the hours not days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name tag! See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont forget to take your badge with you xx have a wonderful time for yourself and all of those who cannot come xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab nametag! Fire extinguishers at the ready? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everybody in the garden was able to work out who you were from your tag! It's a gorgeous one! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fab time with your name tag at Retreat :) glad you managed not to set fire to your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely name tag. Thank goodness the retreat isn't self-catering ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of all you guys going. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeaaaah it arrived...see you soon. Those disposable bbq's are rubbish...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)