Sunday, 28 July 2013

Oh we do like to Bee beside the seaside!

Blocks for Sheila

In Bee a Brit Stingy this month Sheila asked us for ribbon blocks in beachy colours: oranges, blues, aquas and pops of acid green.  At first I'd thought I had nothing in my stash that fit the bill, but it's amazing what you find when you have a rummage.  I left out the acid green because faced with all my greens I couldn't decide when acid green became lime or any of the other shades you may care to think of.  The Neptune and Mendocino add a bit of literal seaside theme to it. As does the texty LV fabric at the corners which goes on about foody fun you just might have at the seaside. Lobster,crabs and clambake anyone?

I've had to take the pics inside at time of writing as it's actually raining here!

And is it just me that went to the Retreat and came back bursting to sew and create? Now if I didn't just feel quite so tired...


10 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get sewing finally this afternoon, when my mum and dad have finally popped by and gone home again! Wish they'd hurry up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great colours. Sheila is going to have a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blocks for Sheila. With regards the inspiration to sew, yep I always feel that way when I've been to a class or gathering! A head full of ideas and seriously itchy fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look fab - loving the Mendocino, obviously!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I just have to tidy up the sewing stuff first...

    Lovely block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green is darn tricky - there are so few good greens available in the quilty world! Your blocks look fab without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great blocks Jan. I have been itching to sew, but no time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)