Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Sample Swap Stuff Completed

Those not going to the Fat Quarterly Retreat are probably sick of hearing about it already. I do understand. Last year I didn't get to go. I was one of 4 people in my little online stitchy circle that didn't get to go. Or at least that's what it felt like it. I loved hearing all about the Retreat, but there was a part of me that really wished I was part of it. Every day for the past week Chief has been asking me if I'm excited yet. Or more excited. I keep saying yes, tell him about the prep work so far (or lack of it) and always mention I'm sorry about all the people that can't go. All the people that I won't get to meet.

I have completed all my sample swap items. I chose to make two smaller items and despite starting these months ago it was only today in the garden I got them finished.


Fabric Brooches

In case any of you wonder what they are. They are fabric brooches. They have Liberty, felt, dyed scrim, organza and a few other bits thrown into the mix and they're meant to be sort of stylised flowers. They are now tucked inside the key chain clutches and wrapped in my suitcase. I had been making four so I could have one but that just wasn't going to happen in time for the retreat!


Sample Swap Stuff Good to Go

I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not the lights of an oncoming train about to run me over!  

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you get to go and sad I'm not (now appreciate exactly how you felt!) but hopefully we can both go again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tomorrow afternoon off so will be doing all my prep then....I'm fairly certain I have enough fabric somewhere for those PJ's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tomorrow afternoon off so will be doing all my prep then....I'm fairly certain I have enough fabric somewhere for those PJ's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy it Jan - you so deserve it after all you have been through in the last few months. Sad that I won't be going but with Lucy, will enjoy seeing what you all get up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEee those are so awesome!! Can't wait to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't go last year but it seems more people aren't going this year due to unforeseen personal circumstances, at least from the blogs I read and the Flickr forums

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO happy that you're going and I can't wait to see and hear about all the fun stuff! Take loads of pictures for us ok? And have FUN :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all done and dusted, feeling exhausted. I'm on the train to morrow. See you there! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, so that's what they looked like front on, they all got swapped out so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)