Monday, 1 July 2013

Fresh Sewing Day - Flaming June

June seemed to whizz by in the blink of an eye. In fact I even wondered if I'd done any sewing last month. As it was I was pleasantly surprised. My first quilt finish of the year, some bee blocks (on time) and even a bag!


My creation

I can also reveal my FQ Retreat badge as it's been received by Ceri.  I am so glad she liked it. I had a lot of fun making it. I even bought a little stamping letter set so I could do her blog name and have it readable.   I'd made an extra long lanyard. It seemed ridiculously long but as Ceri will be heavily pregnant I thought she wouldn't want to be strangled by something too short and if she finds the lanyard too long she can adjust it to suit. Far easier to take fabric away than add it. And anything has to be better than my attempt at working out the right length (Stuff a pillow up my top and see where the lanyard sat! Yep, I'm loon enough to do it.)

I hope June was good to you. Here's to a productive July!

As ever linking up with Lily's Quilts

Lily's Quilts






5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous month!
    P.S. How did I not know that Ceri was pregnant? I think I live under a stone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what most of this post means....not being a quilter! But it all looks and sounds fab! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good month - love Ceri's name tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makes Jan-love Ceri's name tag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, love the reasoning behind the extra long lanyard :oD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)